We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in SJDS at the Buena Vista Surf Club or 3?

chicago
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights in SJDS at the Buena Vista Surf Club or 3?

Hi!

We're doing either two or three nights on San Juan Del Sur at the Surf Club. The other three (or two) nights will be at Xalli in Ometepe.

We're not surfers but of course we'll try! We like to do daily activities and relax and have a nice meal at night.

Any suggestions on where we should spend the third night? Ometepe or San Juan? Thanks for your advice!

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights in SJDS at the Buena Vista Surf Club or 3?

Hey!

I would personally suggest San Juan, but it depends really.

Ometepe is beautiful but not much to do other than relax and hike a volcano. We were there 2 days, first one we rented a motorcycle and saw the whole island. The second we hiked (only to the viewpoint 1000m) and when we came back down grabbed our bags and took the ferry out.

SJDS on the other hand is all beach (and more relaxing hehe). Town has a little more night life than Ometepe. There are daily shuttles to 3-4 diff beaches and surf lessons are pretty good (I would recommend Casa de Oro for that). You can hike up to the Christ Statue, and sip on margaritas while watching the sunset on the beach. There is a lot of turtle action in the nearby beach of La Flor at the moment. So thats also something more to do.

Hope it helps you decide :)

Happy travels!

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights in SJDS at the Buena Vista Surf Club or 3?

Please read my review for Buena Vista Surf Club before you go. I'm not saying not to stay there...just know what you are in store for. I would rent a car and stay in town...then explore all of the beaches

3. Re: 2 nights in SJDS at the Buena Vista Surf Club or 3?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 17:35
4. Re: 2 nights in SJDS at the Buena Vista Surf Club or 3?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about San Juan del Sur