We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nd Vacation Home

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
92 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
2nd Vacation Home

Hello! We are considering a 2nd home in the San Juan del Sur area. I am curious about the safety, condition of the beaches, etc. Thank you!

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2nd Vacation Home

Hi,

Do not stay at Stang's Hideaway! We got ripped off by the ownes and management company. I have a ton of pictures of this place, and it is not what is advertised. I would be more than happy to share them with you.

Carrollton, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2nd Vacation Home

We just got back from doing the same thing - we never felt unsafe (2 adults, 2 children ages 10 and 12) the place has a lot of tourists from all over the globe (a lot by Nica standards - meaning about 300 or so). We loved it. The beach at SJDS is good, but I was given a tip by someone else to take a water taxi or hire one of the fishermen to take us to one of the other, many beaches on the coast. A 20-30 minute boat ride (on a loaded boat, powered by the smallest possible outboard motor) gets you to some stunning beaches that are empty. For $8 a person, round trip, we were taken to a mile long strip of sand, beautiful water, great waves and a total of about 25 people on the whole thing.

3. Re: 2nd Vacation Home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 02:16