We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years in Marsella/Maderas?

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Years in Marsella/Maderas?

Hi,

My wife and I have visited SJDS and now want to take a group of friends for 4-5 days during new years (late 20's, early 30's).

- Can anyone give me an idea of what the Marsella/Maderas area looks like during that time? As in, is Marsella still pretty isolated or livelier? We like the idea of relaxing/swimming in Marsella but also meeting people, listening to music at a bar...etc.

- Also, if we take hotel transportation to SJDS town and stay until late hours, how difficult is it to get a taxi back to Marsella? Especially on New years?

- Lastly, based on what I have read in this forum, are there really no umbrellas in playa Marsella?

Your answers and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Before getting to SJDS, we will spend two days in Laguna de Apoyo.

Playa Marsella...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years in Marsella/Maderas?

Over Xmas & New Year in Maderas and Marsella its holiday season and there are people from everywhere staying in the area, last Xmas/New Year was booked out.

New Years on Playa Marsella turns into a beach party. People bring their own drinks & fireworks and watch the traditional “burning man” bon fire and at 12 the sky is alight with fireworks in all directions. The restaurants in the area have New Years dinners and parties and it seems to roll on down to the beach around midnight.

New Years is always difficult with transport no matter where you are in the world. You can pre book private taxi’s to do a Marsella-SJDS-Marsella run. Drivers will need to know the pickup time in SJDS in advance.

There may be still no umbrellas on Playa Marsella but the Aussie Hut do day passes for visitors to use their hammocks, shade & amenities while visiting the beach during the day. More info on the Playa Marsella Restaurants, activities and transport options: www.aussiehut.com or https://www.facebook.com/aussiehut

Hope this helps, Cheers

2. Re: New Years in Marsella/Maderas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:15