We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking in SJDS

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Biking in SJDS

I will be in SJDS in a few weeks and from what I am reading the good beaches are about 10km out of town. Are these beaches easy to bike to (i.e., are the roads to the beaches safe for bikes?)

Thanks!

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biking in SJDS

In general.....no roads here are safe for bikes.

Tons of people do it. Just be careful on them.

The roads outside of San Juan Del Sur are not that busy, so it shouldnt be too bad. But i dont know what kind of biking you are doing, because the roads are also not all nice paved highways either. Im not sure which beaches/areas you are going to but many of the roads are dirt, or broken concrete, etc. and i wouldnt recommend them in a street/racing bike.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biking in SJDS

petty theft has been reported on people walking or biking to beaches to San Juan del Sur

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
3. Re: Biking in SJDS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:16