We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in Certaldo in winter

Which Certaldo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights in Certaldo in winter

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are looking at spending 3 nights in Certaldo in late November. We like the fact that it is a smaller town as we want a few days to wind down between cities, but I am wondering whether there will be many restaurants open at night at this time of the year? Also, is it possible to see surrounding towns by train/bus without the need for a car?

Any help would be much appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
Sheboygan, WI
Level Contributor
95 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights in Certaldo in winter

I can't comment on the winter part of your trip. But in terms of getting around, I think renting a car would be easiest. We stayed outside Certaldo in a farmhouse and had a rental car. We did take the train to Florence one day, and you could feasibly take the train to any of the towns along that route, even to Siena, knowing that often the train stations aren't in the downtown area and you may need to walk a bit to get there. In our car we were able to visit Monteriggioni, Colle Val d'Elsa, San Gimignano, Volterra and more.

We didn't use the bus from Certaldo either, so I'm not sure what options are for that, but I imagine it is limited.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights in Certaldo in winter

Restaurants will be open at night throughout the year. It takes 50 minutes, usually, to get to Florence by train from Certaldo. You'll probably be able to visit other towns by train but almost all via Empoli. However, buses might be more useful. You'll basically need to ask about that when you're there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights in Certaldo in winter

Thank you both for your help, I appreciate your time. It is good to hear that restaurants will be open. We will need to have a think about our transport arrangements!

Reply to: 3 nights in Certaldo in winter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Certaldo
Recent Conversations
More Certaldo Topics