We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food around Travelodge Heathrow Central

Which Hounslow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,482 posts
Save Topic
Food around Travelodge Heathrow Central

Be spending an evening there one Saturday in December as I arrive at LHR too late to catch a connecting flight or train to the frozen north.

So anyone got a recommendation for eating in the immediate area - pie & pint is the standard I'm looking for, not Savoy.

And is the breakfast at the TL edible & worth it?

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food around Travelodge Heathrow Central

What date are you travelling? We are staying at HRC TL on 15th. If it is after this, then I can let you know how we get on restaurant-wise.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food around Travelodge Heathrow Central

This is the nearest pub to your hotel, just a few hundred yards walk on the same side of The A4 ( Bath Road ).

pubutopia.com/pubs/…

I havent been there for a while but they used to do decent food and presumably still do. The question is what time will you be getting to your hotel, most pubs stop serving food around 8.30 - 9pm in the evening.

There are also 3 pubs in the fairly nearby Harlington High Street which also sell food, one of which ( and also the best imho ) is also called The White Hart.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,505 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food around Travelodge Heathrow Central

Buy a few tins in the airport and get a pizza delivered?

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food around Travelodge Heathrow Central

Thanks Bluebreezer54 for the pub suggestions. Might be cutting it fine as we are travelling down from Lincolnshire after work, but hopefully we will get there in time.

A few tins of beans would be preferable when facing a long flight the next day!

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food around Travelodge Heathrow Central

If a tin of beans or a takeaway are all thats required the TL is surrounded by a multitude of convenience stores ( including a Tesco Express ) and take-away outlets,

I drove past it on my way into work last night and heres an update.

If you come out of the Hotel and turn right the nearest pub is The Jolly Waggoners, approximately 250 yards. They also do food, up to about 9pm. The White Hart I posted about can be found by turning to the left when you come out of the Hotel, and is an approximate 6-800 yard walk.

BB

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,482 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Food around Travelodge Heathrow Central

Well, I came, I ordered, I waited an hour for some very average Steak & Mushroom Pudding. Couldn't be bothered to look further afield as it was wet & I'd been awake 22 hours

Even the food at LHR is better

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food around Travelodge Heathrow Central

What pub did you go to Alanrow?

8. Re: Food around Travelodge Heathrow Central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2010, 06:23