We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out at night

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
eating out at night

hi are there places in walking distance on the centre for eating out at night and maybe a drink or two?

10 replies to this topic
Over the Rainbow
Level Contributor
404 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating out at night

Looking at the information available here, http://www.intercoursevillage.com/members.php?categoryID=18&submit=Select+Category

I'd say that the short answer to your question is, "no".

Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating out at night

Where are you staying exactly? There's really not much in Intercourse proper, but most hotels are nearer food locations - so knowing your planned location will help.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating out at night

Intercourse is a village with few restaruants, and fewer options for alcoholic beverages. There would be options within a 5 or 10 minute drive and many more options if you would be willing to drive 15 or 20 minutes to Lancaster City.

Edited: 03 September 2013, 11:57
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating out at night

I have not picked a hotel yet as reading the trip advisor restaurants, I did wonder where to stay as I like nice food and a swig of wine to wash it down with!!! I did want to stay somewhere small town ish as we are doing new York first.any suggestions are welcome,

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eating out at night

Well, as to wine, I barely know white from red, so I will let others tell you the restaurants with the best wine lists.

However, without question, the hotel with the most varied restaurants within walking distance would be the Lancaster Marriot at Penn Square.

Lancaster is a small city with attractive brick architecture. The downtown is safe.

If you want something more 'small town' then the most attractive small town it Lititz. To stay in town you are limited to Band B's or the Generasl Sutter, (an historic hotel that as you can see on this site gets mixed reviews) Several upscale restauants, most featuing beer rather than wine(Bulls Head Pub, Appalachian Brewing Company)

If you prefer to stay closer to the Amish area, than both the Revere Best Western in Paradise and the Clarion Historic Strasburg, north of Strasburg, have decent restauants with liquor licenses and traditional American (steak and seafood )menus.

As for INTERCOURSE, the only restaurant serving evening meals in the village itself is, I believe the Olde Mill. I have not eaten there, but from the website, it does not appear to have a liquor license.

Edited: 03 September 2013, 19:00
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eating out at night

I am not a wine expert the house red or white does me. I will look at all your suggestions thanks .

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eating out at night

For a place to stay in Lancaster Co. where you can enjoy nice evenings walking around to good restaurants and bars, I agree with the Lancaster and Lititz suggestions. Lancaster is a small city. It will barely feel like a city after NY, but Lititz has more of that quaint, small town feel.

The timing of your trip may help you decide. If you will be in the area over a Friday night, Lancaster has "First Fridays" on the first Friday of the month where shops and galleries stay open late, and there is a generally festive atmosphere downtown. Lititz does the same on the second friday of the month. On the third Friday of the month, Lancaster hosts Music Fridays. Businesses not only extend their hours, but host live musicians. These events all make for a pleasant evening to spend in 2 of the county's most popular communities for night life.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: eating out at night

great thanks just genning up on the areas you have suggested :)

NY
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: eating out at night

The best western revere inn is a nice place , with clean rooms. They offer a free breakfast, and the revere tavern and restaurant are on site. The tavern itself doesnt stay open late, but the restaurant does serve wine or drinks with dinner.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: eating out at night

ah yes my mum and dad stayed there years ago. thanks

Reply to: eating out at night
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Intercourse