We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road down to beach from Boswinger YHA towards Gorran Haven

Which Gorran Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Road down to beach from Boswinger YHA towards Gorran Haven

Yesterday I remembered we had a holiday at Boswinger YHA. Must be 35 years ago. There was a narrow road down to a lovely beach which which eventualy goes on to Gorran Haven. I like revisiting places from my past. I've found that road on street view and I'm assuming there's nowhere to park down there, allthough there is a pull in by the little stream. So can you park somewhere at the top and walk down?

16 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,056 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Road down to beach from Boswinger YHA towards Gorran Haven

The beach was looking very clean in mid-May, so thank you JLH22 & other volunteers who do this work. We also encountered people out strimming along sections of the coast path - always very appreciative of this work to keep Cornwall clean & accessible.

Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Road down to beach from Boswinger YHA towards Gorran Haven

I was there 3 weeks ago and walked the whole area. Hemmick beach is clean but there was a lot of shingle thrown up by winter storms. Slippy Seaweed extensive across most of the beach but still great spot, pull in area for 3 cars only. I Agree with others about NT car parks at Penare (10min hike up steep hill on Dodman point side of the beach). The NT car park at Lameldra up the hill from Goran is great find, not well signed though but just 5min hike down to Vault Beach.

England
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Road down to beach from Boswinger YHA towards Gorran Haven

Thanks muffin man

Gorran Haven...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Road down to beach from Boswinger YHA towards Gorran Haven

The beach you're referring to is called Hemmick and it's down a really narrow lane from Boswinger. There's no parking down by the beach anymore, there's room to stop and turn around by the beach, but boulders prevent parking. The best plan is to park in the National Trust carpark at Penare, (which is on the other side of the valley) and then walk down.

If you want to drive down and drop off at the beach be aware that there are very few passing places on either of the lanes and that you need an advanced degree in reversing should you meet someone coming the other way.

I hope you enjoy your return to the area. I don't think anything has changed.

England
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Road down to beach from Boswinger YHA towards Gorran Haven

thanks.

as you can tell from my trip report we never got to that area, but I expect we will someday

pembrokeshire
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Road down to beach from Boswinger YHA towards Gorran Haven

yes there is a car park at the youth hostel, or you can park on the other side at penare national trust car park

Reply to: Road down to beach from Boswinger YHA towards Gorran Haven
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gorran Haven