We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RE: Campsites around Gwithian

Leeds
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
RE: Campsites around Gwithian

Hi There

We are a young(ish) couple looking to go camping in Cornwall over the summer, having looked around we came across Gwithian and found this quite appealing as it was close to a beach and also near a village with at least one pub. We have tried to get into Gwithian Farm campsite, however, they are fully booked, I have enquired to Churchtown Farm and I am awaiting a response. Can anyone recommend any another sites in the area, we do not want a large site with static caravans, swimming pool etc, as long as it has the basics that will be fine. Also can anyone recommend any other coastal villages in Cornwall of a similar nature ( i.e close to a good beach, has a few pubs etc).

Many thanks

JOHLEEDS

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RE: Campsites around Gwithian

Hi

I'm sure there are some in the Newquay area that would suit you.

It might pay you to post this again on the Newquay forum, which should wake up the local Newquay DEs who may be able to help you.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: RE: Campsites around Gwithian

Gwithian area is lovely and you are right there is a good pub and cafe nearby. Sorry I don't know about campsites in that area, but if you have transport you could go towards Hayle Towans a bit more.

If you cant get settled at Gwithian, further southwest a good campsite that is not too large is The Treen Farm campsite. It has a fantastic position on the cliff top and is within short walking distance of a village pub. In the height of summer spaces are limited but if you read the reviews on www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp… you can pick up handy hints.

Pednvounder beach is a 10 minute walk away, although you need to be nimble to get down the clifts. It is a nudie beach just to let you know! There are other great beaches, Porthcurno or Porthchappel along the coast. Regards Trisha

3. Re: RE: Campsites around Gwithian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Hayle
Recent Conversations