We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cornishcottageholidays.co.uk

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
cornishcottageholidays.co.uk

Has anyone had recent experience using this company? We stayed in one of their properties, Rose Cottage, Manaccan for a week in September 2011. Despite the 4* brochure description, the property was truly awful - filthy dirty, neglected and can only be described as a health hazard. We spoke to the general manager, Nigel Pickin and subsequently emailed a comprehensive condition report detailing all the problems yet we never received the courtesy of a response. Patently obvious this company are not interested in their customers and I would advise others to give them a wide berth. Definitely not recommended!!

21 replies to this topic
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: cornishcottageholidays.co.uk

Hi,

I could not find a more general space to review 'Cornish Cottage Holidays' ...

We are currently enjoying a week at 'Little Mariner' at Meanporth Beach; 2 adults and 2 children. The apartment is stunning, excellent views, perfectly situated, and as described.

I note that Nigel the GM is happy to receive feedback, and I hope the above review helps to reflect their representation of this property, and the booking confirmation/information was very good. We have always booked through an agent in Cornwall (for 10 plus years), but have previously always visited Padstow and used the same (excellent) agency for all this time. The only disappointment for us with Cornish Cottage Holidays was the very steep charge for using a credit card, and a booking fee - neither of which we have previously paid.

Reply to: cornishcottageholidays.co.uk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Helston
More Helston Topics