We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eden Project/hotels in area

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
330 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Eden Project/hotels in area

Am flying to Newquay early April and will visit the Eden Project for 1 day only. Have 2 nights here so where is best to stay? Will use public transport and feet! (Don't mind walking at all) Looking for 35.00/40.00 a night with breakfast and en-suite facilities. Have looked at various web-sites and found a few hotels/B&B which fit this category but any advice will be very useful.

9 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
50,664 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eden Project/hotels in area

When we cisited the Eden Project we stayed at the Royal Inn in Par and caught the train and bus via St Austell to get there.

The room was £60, which would be fine if your budget is per person, but obviously too high if it is per room.

It might be cheaper to stay in Newquay itself, though I am not sure where the airport is in relation to the town. IIRC, there are some buses from Newquay to Eden. You can check precise times at http://www.travelinesw.com

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eden Project/hotels in area

The only town served by bus from the airport is Newquay. If you want to stay anywhere else you will have to pick up another pass at Newquay. There are buses from Newquay to Eden hourly, journey time just over an hour

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eden Project/hotels in area

Not 'pass' - bus

Windermere, United...
Level Contributor
367 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eden Project/hotels in area

Just out of interest

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
330 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eden Project/hotels in area

Thank you. 60.00 is a bit more than I wanted to spend so I will keep looking!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
50,664 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eden Project/hotels in area

You will probably find something cheap enough in Newquay, which would appear to be your best bet. An hourly bus service means you should be able to easily get to Eden from there.

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
945 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eden Project/hotels in area

Search for B&Bs in St Austell - not the nicest town but I found a lovely B&B there for £35 (in July) a few years ago. Can't remember the name, unfortunately! From St Austell you can also visit the Lost Gardens of Heligan by bus.

I'd say there was more to see and do in Newquay, though, so if you can find somewhere there in your price range it's probably the best bet.

Edited: 02 February 2013, 20:56
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
50,664 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eden Project/hotels in area

Maybe I haven't seen the best side of St Austell, but in early April I would much prefer Newquay!

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eden Project/hotels in area

I would say you would get a nice B&B in Newquay early April for around about £25pppn inclusive of breakfast. The Airport is approx. 5 miles from Newquay & is easy accessible by bus.

Reply to: Eden Project/hotels in area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Par