We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bored in St Austell

st austell
1 post
Save Topic
Bored in St Austell

I think St Austell is souless and it resembles a 'recession' town/housing estate. What are your views?

Blois, France
Destination Expert
for Blois
Level Contributor
799 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Bored in St Austell

Caz, I wouldn't worry about upsetting too many people locally- my father has quite a large business in Holmbush (St Austell) and it seems he and almost all of the people he knows locally share your opinion on the C. B. development.

Did you ever go to Gossips; probably my all time favourite night club...

Cheers ;-]

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bored in St Austell

Hi, imisscornwall, No i didn't :( but i knew of it - couldn't travel around much in those days!!! Ah the good old days haha!!! :) Caz

Carcassonne, France
Level Contributor
190 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bored in St Austell

You have just brought back memories of carlyon bay and seeing status quo there (must of been late 70's ) strangly my future husband was at the same gig,(he was from lancashire) (but we didnt meet then) we met 8 years later in portugal.

Is the club still there? We have now moved back to cornwall but afraid to say i stay well away from st Austell it was horrible then and it still is now.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bored in St Austell

Hi skiddy

I saw some great bands down there in my time - Whitesnake, Eric Clapton, the Kinks, Thin Lizzy, Saxon and many more. It was a great venue and I can't believe they just let the place fall down.

England
Level Contributor
70 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bored in St Austell

Reading this has brought it all back, Gossips used to be known as Quasars when I used to go there (now who's showing thier age??!!) and the hilight of the year was the Radio One roadshow turning up on Carlyon Bay beach.

It's great to see that the town is being redeveloped but from what I've seen, and heard, I fear it won't be too much of an improvement on what was there originally. I was there at Easter and it's so sad to walk through the town and witness it's decline first hand. What must tourists think when they find themselves stuck there on a wet day with the hope that there might be some sort of entertainment for them or their children.

16. Re: Bored in St Austell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about St Austell