We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charlestown

Which St Austell hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Charlestown

I really want to see the tall ships and Charlestown but will only be able to make a brief visit there for an hour or so. We will be there later in the afternoon and then have to get to Truro by either train/bus I have the schedules for each.

Can anyone advise me if you can walk to Charlestown from St Austell I see it is only 2.5 klm.Thought this may be quicker than trying to get a local bus at the right time.

Also is it too far and would it be too expensive to catch a taxi to Truro from Charlestown.

If this isn't a stupid idea any recommendations for a taxi

Regards Mary

Cornwall
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Charlestown

Actually, thinking about it Mary, as GBfromDevizes has said, they will almost certainly be there as they will be in for Regatta week which is the busiest time there so they will be raising funds.

By the way, the Bus and Train terminus is being re-developed and the way they are moving it won't be finished till later than July ! Still operating as normal though.

Enjoy your visit.

Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Charlestown

No we don't have time to go to the Eden Project unfortunately. We have a very full schedule which is as follows.

Day 1 fly to Newquay arrive around 1.30pm make our way by bus to St Austell and then to Charlestown back to Truro for overnight.

Day 2 Ferry to St Mawes see the sights,St Just Smugglers Cottage and Verryn, stay in Portloe overnight.

Day 3 Bus to Truro then Bodmin pick up bikes then Camel trail to Padstow and onto Pr Isaac for overnight.

Day 4 Pt Isaac/Rock Padstow and ride back to Bodmin and Bodmin Moor overnight train back to London.This is why I have quizzing everyone for information about transport for which I am most grateful.

Regards Mary

Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Charlestown

I just hope the sun shines!

Regards Mary

14. Re: Charlestown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about St Austell
Recent Conversations