We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis at St Austell rail station

Which St Austell hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london,england
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis at St Austell rail station

I arrived at the station by train on a Saturday about 5:30 pm earlier this month. There were two taxis waiting at the rank. I asked the first driver to take me to Mevagissey. He asked what street I wished to go to , I told him then he said did not want to go to Mevagissey.

I asked the second driver to take me and he also refused. I asked him why he said he was going off duty. I said 'then why are you plying for hire'. No answer.

Some others who came off the train got into the taxis and they went off.

About 20 minutes later another taxi turned up and I asked him to take me he said yes. On the way I asked him, I think he was from Mike's taxis, why the other drivers were refusing fares. He said 'perhaps your face does not fit'.

Having travelled over seven hours to get to Cornwall this was not the welcome I expected.

Can anyone tell me how I can complain about these drivers?

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis at St Austell rail station

i sorry to hear about that not good impression of cornwall , although not surprised it been in St Austell A.K.A St Awful

2. Re: Taxis at St Austell rail station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 11:41

Reply to: Taxis at St Austell rail station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St Austell
Recent Conversations