We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manitoulin Island and Tobermory camping and activities

Ottawa
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Manitoulin Island and Tobermory camping and activities

Hi I am planning a road trip in Ontario with my 2 children this summer (14 and 11 years old). The 3 of us like outdoors (hike, canoe, camping, nature in general) and learn about history of the place. I would like to see Tobermory and Manitoulin Island. We will have about 4 days in that region before we head to Killarney Park.

I would like suggestions on things to see, and a nice campground to stay at. We have a tent, but being a single mom with 2 kids, I dont want to be too secluded... Park setting is great as long as we have basic amenities.

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Thorold
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manitoulin Island and Tobermory camping and activities

I go to Manitoulin every other year. I would suggest seeing Bridal Veil Falls, the cup and saucer and the indian reserve in Wikwemikong. I don't know when you're travelling but they have a huge pow wow out there from August 3-5. I hope this helps!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
16,214 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manitoulin Island and Tobermory camping and activities

Cassandra C - OP has been and gone ... post is over a year old.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manitoulin Island and Tobermory camping and activities

Hi there....we have been travelling to Manitoulin for over 30 years with our family. There is so much to see and do with the kids. If you are looking for a campground that is not too remote you might want to check out Gordons Park www.gordonspark.com. As for things to do here are a few suggestions...take your swimsuits to Bridal Veil Falls (suggest getting there around 1030-11am). From there hike the trail by the river to the town of Kagawong for a stroll around and then hike back to your car. My kids have been doing this hike since there were very young so it is more or a stroll that vigorous hike. You can go horseback riding, hike at Misery Bay (more of a commitment) or spend the day at the beach in Providence Bay. Check out the plethora of activities and sites on http://www.manitoulin-island.com/ and enjoy your stay.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
3,904 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Manitoulin Island and Tobermory camping and activities

DedeK25 did you see phpr's comment? This is a question from March of 2012.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
306 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manitoulin Island and Tobermory camping and activities

I was just browsing the forum, and appreciate the info, thanks!! :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manitoulin Island and Tobermory camping and activities

Nope....just looked at the prevoius posting dates.....still good info for anyone else taking a peek..... :-)

Milton, Ontario...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Manitoulin Island and Tobermory camping and activities

Thanks for sharing the info! I am planning a trip there this summer, appreciate the current posts...

Reply to: Manitoulin Island and Tobermory camping and activities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manitoulin Island
Recent Conversations