We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Byron bay visit on Xmas day??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Byron bay visit on Xmas day??

Hi everyone,

We(young couple-mid 20s) are visiting gold coast at the end of this month for a week. planning to do a day trip to byron on xmas day. Could we get some help here from the gurus? :)

My questions:

1. is it going to be too quiet on the 25th dec? Is it a good idea to visit byron on xmas day?

2. what are the must-visit places? Plz give us a list. We want to fit everything we can in one day.

3. what is closed n what is open on xmas day?

Thank you very much, sards

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
368 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Byron bay visit on Xmas day??

Not sure who will be open this year on xmas day, but on previous xmas's Fishmongers (beautiful f&c's) and Fishheads (right on the ocean front) are open - they are EXTREMELY popular and busy on xmas day so worth booking ahead. Some of the restaurants are open in the evening but many are shut during the day on xmas day. I've just done a querie to the Beach Hotel and they inform me that The Italian Restaurant at the front of the Beach Hotel is open for Xmas day this year (2013) here is their number :0266807055.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Byron bay visit on Xmas day??

Byron Bay Christmas day is usually very quiet.

Most visitors arrive on the 27th then its nuts.

running motels in byron bay over the years and you would have vacancies on christmas day.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Byron bay visit on Xmas day??

Hi Kez do you know if thre are any supermarkets open in Byron on Xmas day? Thanks Lisa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Byron bay visit on Xmas day??

Hi Kez do you know if there are any supermarkets open in Byron on Xmas day? Thanks Lisa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Byron bay visit on Xmas day??

Hi Kez do you know if there are any supermarkets open in Byron on Xmas day? Thanks Lisa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Byron bay visit on Xmas day??

Hi Kez do you know if thre are any supermarkets open in Byron on Xmas day? Thanks Lisa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Byron bay visit on Xmas day??

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
368 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Byron bay visit on Xmas day??

Hi,

There are a number of supermarkets and small grocery stores in Byron Bay - Woolworths being the largest, and the Green Garage (in my opinion) being one of the very best of the smaller grocery shops! there is also an IGA. In regards to being open Xmas Day 2014, I would probably have to say, that it'd be similar to the big supermarkets in NZ, in that they would be closed on Xmas Day itself, but of course would be open Xmas Eve and Boxing Day. There are a number of small cafes/restaurants that do open on Xmas day in Byron, if its food you're looking for, plus chances are the big BP at Belongil Beach (on Bayswater Dr) might be open as well where you can get emergency bits and pieces.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 26 October 2014, 05:22
1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Byron bay visit on Xmas day??

Hi everyone,

Me and my boyfriend are travelling Australia east coast for the first time. We will be staying in Byron bay over Christmas? Where does everybody go and do Christmas Day?

Maesteg, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Byron bay visit on Xmas day??

Hi all

My husband and I have just booked to stay in Byron Bay from 24th - 27th Dec 15. Any recomendation on where to eat on Christmas eve & Christmas day, etc? Or would BBQ on the beach be more suitable?

Cheers :-)

Get answers to your questions about Byron Bay