We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice but reasonable accommodation in Byron Bay for trip end?

London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Nice but reasonable accommodation in Byron Bay for trip end?

Hi,

I will be visiting Byron Bay at the end of my trip in November. I am planning to spend a few days here at the end of my month long trip around NZ and East Coast Australia.

With regards to accommodation, does anyone have any suggestions of where I can stay? I am a solo female traveller in my early 30’s so would like to meet people along the way so am fine with hostels but I would like to have a private room and bathroom. Budget obviously is a consideration given I will be going alone and that Australia is not cheap! Alternatively I am also wondering that given this is one of my last stops at the end of my trip, it would be nice to upgrade into somewhere a bit nicer than a hostel and simply relax before heading back to winter in the UK! Any tips?

Many thanks,

Nina

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice but reasonable accommodation in Byron Bay for trip end?

Hi Nina...Depends on your budget....??....Byron Bay,I found is quite expensive.....Once I stayed in the Noosa/Tewantin area at Big 4 caravan park in a cabin and it was very reasonably priced...I tried to find something similar in the Byron area....without success....

However,I am sure there is a place within your budget and requirements...Just hope someone else can help or maybe keep searching online....

London
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice but reasonable accommodation in Byron Bay for trip end?

Hi Nina - am also a Londoner but now living in Byron for past 3 years - not sure of your exact dates but the last 2 weeks of November are known as schoolies weeks! - that is when all aussie kids who finish high school descend upon coastal holiday towns to party - and Byron is one of the most popular - so all budget or even moderately priced accommodation will be booked up - you may have to upgrade to an expensive place but to avoid the huge numbers of 17/18 year olds partying for those 2 weeks try and come start of december. Check out Byron Beach resort in Belongil beach - they are right opposite the Belongil beach, have different types of rooms and right next to 2 great cafe/restaurants that have live music - free shuttle bus to town - I hear this is quite a good budget option for all types of travellers - good luck

3. Re: Nice but reasonable accommodation in Byron Bay for trip end?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 15:21
4. Re: Nice but reasonable accommodation in Byron Bay for trip end?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Byron Bay