We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing Schools in Byron Bay??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Surfing Schools in Byron Bay??

We are vising Byron in January 2015 and my daughter has just discovered surfing and is really addicted. Could anyone please recommend a good surfing school that do private lessons for an 8 year old girl.

Thanks for any advice

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing Schools in Byron Bay??

I'd recommend Rusty Miller for private lessons

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing Schools in Byron Bay??

Kool Katz Surf School Byron are an excellent school who've taken many children and adults on lessons - they take you south to safe locations and the operator Terry Hannon is the first person to start surf lessons in Byron. Experience the experience! htttp://www.KoolKatzSurf.com

Edited: 13 May 2014, 13:24
Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing Schools in Byron Bay??

Hi Akram, welcome to the forum. KoolKatz is indeed an excellent surf school, however, given the OPs request for private lessons for her eight year old daughter who sounds as though she wants more than standing up in the shore break, I think someone like Rusty Miller (or his daughter) would be ideal

4. Re: Surfing Schools in Byron Bay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:16