We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places of interest

malaysia
12 posts
Save Topic
places of interest

hi, can sombody please update me any interesting sites & things to do in kangaroo valley. wish to plan a trip there during easter this year.TQ

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places of interest

Our Kangaroo Island TA is Yachtgal, who can highlight the pleasures of visiting KI.

www.tourkangarooisland.com.au

Travel by air www.rex.com.au

By road and sea www.sealink.com.au

Mentioned in this post
Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island
South Australia, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,745 posts
1,768 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places of interest

Do you mean Kangaroo Valley ?? Located approx 1.5hrs south of Sydney NSW. There are some beautiful drives through this area - especially if you continue up the mountain to the Southern Highlands and visit towns like Bowral, Mittagong, Sutton Forest etc.etc...its also an easy drive to Canberra.

There are numerous attractions around this region - Southern Highlands,

Jamberoo, Kiama, Robertson, Fitzroy Falls National Park , Three waterfalls: Carrington Falls, Belmore Falls and Fitzroy Falls, ...Cambewarra Lookout , Berry, and Seven Mile Beach.

kangaroovalleytourist.asn.au/dir/scenic_driv…

www.highlandsnsw.com.au/

If you mean Kangaroo Island its located in Sth Australia. - and you would be best doing another post .

Have fun,

EM.

Mentioned in this post
Kangaroo Valley
Kangaroo Valley
Shoalhaven, Australia
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Bowral
Bowral
Southern Highlands, Australia
Canberra
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Kiama
Kiama
Kiama Municipality, Australia
Fitzroy Falls
Fitzroy Falls
229 Reviews
Belmore Falls
Belmore Falls
45 Reviews
Robertson, Australia
Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: places of interest

TQ EM. Yup, is kangaroo valley i'll be visiting. Tks info.

Kangaroo Valley
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places of interest

Hi TQ,

As a Kangaroo Valley local who has travelled across the world for 15 years, I can tell you that Kangaroo Valley is a fabulous spot for international visitors to see the best Australia has to offer from a great base.

The weather at Easter is perfect with beautiful blue skies and around 25 degree days, and lovely crisp evenings with millions of stars. There are some great places to stay, from 5 star cottages to Bendeela free camp ground.

Kangaroo Valley is a superb historic village with a quaint Australian charm not found elsewhere. It has many listed buildings, and indeed the very landscape is so beautiful it is National Trust Listed. Things to do include easy (and harder if you like) bike rides along country lanes running beside babbling rivers, bush walking and country strolls, fishing, swimming in rock pools in the rainforest and under waterfalls, canoeing down the pristine Kangaroo River over little sets of easy rapids (okay for beginners), and lots of wildlife spotting (platypus, wombats and wallabies) in their natural habitat, not to mention hundreds of bird species. THere is also a very good museum of early settler life, as well as many great restaurants and shops to enjoy. Kangaroo Valley aslo has a beautiful old sandstone bridge, which is the last remaining wooden suspension bridge in Australia, with great swimming underneath.

Kangaroo Valley is located between the Southern HIghlands which has some lovely vineyards and quaint villages and rolling hills, and the South Coast with pristine beaches, whale watching etc.

There is a very good website www.visitkangaroovalley.com.au with lots of information on the area, accommodation and things to do.

I hope you have a wonderful time in our breathtaking area,

Sophie (owner Crystal Creek Meadows, www.country-accommodation.com.au)

Mentioned in this post
Kangaroo Valley
Kangaroo Valley
Shoalhaven, Australia
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,636 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places of interest

I love Kangaroo Valley and am glad that a local and “ex-pat” from the area (EM) has responded.

I think you could stay there and just soak it all up without ever leaving – but if you HAVE to wander off elsewhere, Fitzroy Falls, Bowral, Mittagong, Berrima, or Moss Vale are not that far away.

Heading in the other direction over the mountains, you can go to Nowra, Berry, Kiama or Gerringong for the day.

Have a look at these threads –

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g528977-s2/Kiama:Aust…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255058-d300260/New-S…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255058-c130386/New-S…

And a recent TR I did about our escape to the South Coast for a day - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255058-i121-k3330…

Sigh, shoulder roll, wish it was me - lol

Mentioned in this post
Kangaroo Valley
Kangaroo Valley
Shoalhaven, Australia
Fitzroy Falls
Fitzroy Falls
229 Reviews
Bowral
Bowral
Southern Highlands, Australia
Kiama
Kiama
Kiama Municipality, Australia
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
791 posts
727 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places of interest

Two things that haven't been mentioned that would be on my "to do" list while there:

Have a meal at the Kangaroo Valley pub - pretty good. If going on a weekend advisable to book a table (I've never had a problem if I drop in & book 1/2 hr before meal time).

Visit the Manning Lookout (at the top of the range on the Fitzroy Falls road) - especially pretty in late afternoon or after a fall of rain.

Mentioned in this post
Kangaroo Valley
Kangaroo Valley
Shoalhaven, Australia
Fitzroy Falls
Fitzroy Falls
229 Reviews
malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: places of interest

Tq Sophie. Will be going there with my niece & family this easter. Will update my trip experience when i return.

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
88 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: places of interest

In my opinion an absolute must is a kayak down the river. We did this last Christmas with the folks at Glenmack Park, which in itself is a great place to stay.

http://www.glenmack.com.au/index.htm

Mentioned in this post
Glenmack Park
Glenmack Park
94 Reviews
Kangaroo Valley, Australia
9. Re: places of interest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Kangaroo Valley