We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agate St Retreat - Lightning Ridge Accommodation

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Agate St Retreat - Lightning Ridge Accommodation

Tripadvisor told me that Agate St Retreat doesn't qualify to be reviewed as a place of accommodation, and they suggested that I write my review on this forum instead.

We stayed in Agate St retreat in November 2011, and were really happy with it.

We were seeking a dog friendly stay while we looked for opals, and Agate St Retreat is extremely dog friendly. It's just a couple of streets away from the main part of town, so the area is a little quieter but it only takes a short walk to get into town.

The accommodation itself is basic, but very clean, and there was nice fresh, clean linen on all the beds. It is very 60's or 70's in style, so it's by no means glamorous or posh. That said, the water pressure was excellent and the air conditioning also fantastic - a must in a town that regularly gets 40 degree days!!

This accommodation is basically a granny flat with a big fenced yard, and pets are allowed inside and out. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the inside was very clean and there were no traces of other peoples' pets before us.

The only thing I would advise pet owners to be conscious of is that although the property is fully fenced, parts of the fence have a 10-15cm gap, so if you have a dog who is prone to escaping it will be a very easy task for them.

Overall, the price was low and I would definitely recommend anyone looking for rustic but very comfortable accommodation in Lightning Ridge to stay here.

2 replies to this topic
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,041 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agate St Retreat - Lightning Ridge Accommodation

Good to get the review, thanks. Lightning Ridge has some delightfully good value accommodations. Very bizarre that TA says they don't qualify.

(and now you have a reply your post won't get auto deleted after a while :o) which I have noticed has happened to some trip reports where people read through a couple of separate posts and reply onto the first or last ones...)

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agate St Retreat - Lightning Ridge Accommodation

Thanks Snodge! Merry Christmas to you!

Reply to: Agate St Retreat - Lightning Ridge Accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lightning Ridge