We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Lord Howe

Which Lord Howe Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
4 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Lord Howe

Hi there,

I have been dreaming about going to Lord Howe for ages now. Since I'm getting married in December this year, I thought Lord Howe would make the perfect honeymoon?

So I have two questions:

1) Is late December/ early January a good time to visit?

2) Accommodation - it seems that Capella or Arajilla is the way to go for accommodation. Which do you think is the best for a romantic honeymoon?

Thanks,

Lisa

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,056 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Lord Howe

Yes. It is a perfect honeymoon destination. Just perfect. We went in Late Jan I think it was, but with an extended family group. It was great. I know my daughter certainly has her eye on it for a return with her partner... as do I actually... and that's saying a lot as I'm not that into the beach really.

The only down side to travelling with two people is that tours need min numbers to run, so that's a bit iffy sometimes. Tours are generally weather dependent too. But even if you're just lazing about doing walks, eating well, swimming and snorkelling. It's a delightful place.

We used Oxley Travel to make our plans and they were really excellent. Service was great and their knowledge of the island and the accommodation options was from first hand knowledge. They send their staff over to the island so they know. It didn't matter whether our allocated person was out of the office, there was always someone assigned who knew what was going on with us and could answer the reason for our call. Such a contrast to other travel agents I've used, who often knew no more about my destination than I did. Often less. It was NO problem that Oxley are in Port Macquarie, it did not hamper our dealings one bit. I highly recommend their service. I would suggest you talk to them about what you're wanting from your accommodation and consider what they say. Sounds like you are looking for high end. Just depends on what your priorities are. Ours we needed central location close to everything. They made a couple of suggestions and we chose from there and were very happy indeed with our choice.

www.oxleytravel.com.au

sydney
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Lord Howe

We went to Lord Howe for 11 days in December 2007 and it was fantastic, beautiful weather every day and the beaches are so clean and gorgeous and the water was lovely and warm but also refreshing.

we stayed at Earls Anchorage and Capilla Lodge and Pandanus

We are Capella for 2 nights for my birthday and it was excellent. Libby and Mark are the managers and fantastic people. The food was lovely, i had a great facial and everyone was so friendly and helpful.

Earls Anchorage was self-catering and also lovely. But for a honeymoon if you like all the service and dinners included CAPELLA is the one

Though it's just as easy to split it up and stay one place for half the trip and another for the other half as Capella is the only resort down that end of the island. It's no trouble to swap around, as everything is pretty close.

overall Lord Howe is so relaxing magical and beautiful. and food/people are lovely.

3. Re: Honeymoon in Lord Howe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 11:18
Get answers to your questions about Lord Howe Island