We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 post
Save Topic

just got back last week absolutely beutifull place

but everything is very expensive its cheaper to eat at jordans darling harbour.The fishing trips are commercial fishing trips you arn`t allowed to take

photos until the trip is over so you get pics of dead

colourless fish i was told in no uncertain terms to get my bait back in the water and dont worry about the pics.I was charged 140 bux for 3 and a half hours

then on top of that he gives you 2 small pieces of fish and the rest he profits again from selling our

fish to the restaurants. so all you get for your money is 2 bits of fish and orders yelled at you and if you want a breather heaven forbid.So make sure you ask a couple of times about what you get to make sure of what your getting.But the people are freindly and helpfull.

Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: warning

we also just got back from LHI. were there last week of aug 08. had read couple of posts on this forum from 06/07 which had warned us about cost of stuff ie. eating out.

sorry to read that you had such a rotten fishing trip.

we found that garden court at lorhiti to be ok in terms of cost, relative to other places on LHI altho quite few restaurants shut, and food was good too.

still we are going again to LHI next year so we know a little more what to expect. not really into fishing so will give those trips a miss and try for a trip to balls pyramid and round the island which we did not get time to do this time.

2. Re: warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 14:29