We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving on Lord Howe Island

Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Diving on Lord Howe Island

My wife and I are visiting LHI in November/December 2009 and are hoping to do at least 4 dives during this time.

Does anyone have any information/advise re who to dive with and what dive sites to visit?

We are relatively inexperienced divers so I figured Balls Pyramid was beyond our capabilities.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving on Lord Howe Island

Lucky you! LHI is my favourite island. There are a couple of dive operators - contact them on the sites they visit (see lordhoweisland.com). From memory the diving wasn't spectacular but there was a lot of fish life.

Ned's beach has good snorkelling over coral.

norwich
Level Contributor
89 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving on Lord Howe Island

look up pro-drive, we completed our PADI with these guys. Very professional & helpful. You will love it!! plenty to see for a novice diver.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving on Lord Howe Island

Hey Guys

We are a couple of (Dublin based) Irish guys who will be sailing from Auckland to Sydney between 23 Nov- 2nd December and we plan to stop off to try some diving at Lord Howe Island.We will be staying on our yacht 'Song of the Sea'.If you see us,say hello.If you want to team up for a dive let us know.

4. Re: Diving on Lord Howe Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2010, 06:19