We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any warm calm beaches in Port Stephens

Which Port Stephens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Any warm calm beaches in Port Stephens

Hi There

I am looking for any warm beaches in Port Stephens that the waters are not freezing.

I have visited Port Stephens numerous times and their beaches are always cold.

Are there any beaches or bays that we can swim that the waters are calm and warm...

Travelling XMAS and New Years time..Please help

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
612 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any warm calm beaches in Port Stephens

The waters at both the ocean beaches and Port beaches are subject to the same influences as the beaches along the coast all the way down to Cronulla. The water temperatures will depend upon the currents at the time. You just have to take your luck.

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any warm calm beaches in Port Stephens

In summer the average water temperature around Newcastle and Port Stephens is 22 - 23 degrees, which I personally don't consider to be very cold. Calm water beaches? Corlette, Salamander Bay, Dutchies Beach, Nelson Bay, Shoal Bay all have calm water (ie aren't surf beaches).

Port Stephens
Level Contributor
167 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any warm calm beaches in Port Stephens

One of my favourite beaches is Boat Harbour as long as you stay inshore. It is only a small enclosed beach but I have always felt safe there . I was there recently and the water was flat and crystle clear but at other times it can be a bit grungy with sea debris as can all the local beaches.

4. Re: Any warm calm beaches in Port Stephens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 07:17