We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2011 Johnstown Light-Up Night

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
2011 Johnstown Light-Up Night

2011 Johnstown Light-Up Night will be Friday, November 18th starting with a parade at 6 p.m., followed by the lighting up of Central Park and of course Santa will be there, so come have some fun!

6 replies to this topic
Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 2011 Johnstown Light-Up Night

Hi, does this happen every year in November? Do you do it just for Nov. 18th or will it be lit up until Christmas?

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2011 Johnstown Light-Up Night

Hi, yes, this happens every year...always the Friday PRIOR to Thanksgiving...and in 2016 it will be on November 18th. The Santa Fun Run starts at 6 p.m., followed by the parade at 6:30 p.m., followed by lighting up Central Park. The lights will be on every evening from light up night until about the second week of January...last year last light up was January 10th.

Last year they added a 35 foot tall Christmas tree that is constructed on top of the fountain in Central Park and there is Christmas music synchronized with the lights that blink on the tree...it is absolutely beautiful.

Here is a video link from last year's light up of the Christmas tree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWjB8RoR6-w

Hope you have the opportunity to come and enjoy the festivities!!! And, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!!!

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2011 Johnstown Light-Up Night

Thank you. Hope we can make it. I've always wanted to visit.

Is there something special going on during the holiday season that I should be mindful about, other than this light festivity?

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2011 Johnstown Light-Up Night

You're welcome!! There are other events going on as well throughout the holiday season, but I would say other than light up night, the best time to come to the area would be the weekend of December 2-4 when there are several activities going on including performances of the Nutcracker at the Pasquerilla Performing Arts Center in Johnstown; A Dickens Of A Christmas held in Ebensburg (about 25 minutes from Johnstown)...this is a really a great event with lots of activities on the streets of Ebensburg, including carriage rides, craft vendors, strolling carolers in period costumes and ice carvings to just name a few things to see. And, The Madrigal held at Mount Aloysius College in Cresson, PA, (about 30 minutes from Johnstown & 10 minutes from Ebensburg) is a really cool event, but if you're interested in that, I would call soon to make reservations because they do sell out. There are also various choral and band concerts scheduled throughout the holiday season as well. I've included a calendar of events for December for the area and you can click on an event and get further information: visitjohnstownpa.com/calendar/month/2016-12

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2011 Johnstown Light-Up Night

Thank you so much for the link! I will explore and see what's out there.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2011 Johnstown Light-Up Night

You're welcome!!!

Reply to: 2011 Johnstown Light-Up Night
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Johnstown