We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from King of Prussia to Liberty Bell

MISSISSIPPI
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
train from King of Prussia to Liberty Bell

We will be visiting PA in April and only have 4 days to try to take in a few historical sites. We want to go to Valley Forge National Park for sure. We are hesitant about driving from the King of Prussia Area into Philadelphia just because I read on a couple of posts that driving in downtown Philly is really bad. I learned my lesson a few years back when we drove to NYC from Washington, DC. Is there a rail system that we could park our car and ride into Philly from the King of Prussia Area? Or for that matter, any area that is pretty close to Valley Forge.

3 replies to this topic
Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train from King of Prussia to Liberty Bell

Before we get too far into this, why did you choose to stay in King of Prussia, and how are you getting to our area?

MISSISSIPPI
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train from King of Prussia to Liberty Bell

We are taking this trip to bring my mom to Allentown Pa, where she will spend a week with her family. My husband and I want to take a few side trips, one being to visit Valley Forge National park. We are spending the first night in the Lancaster area and chose the 2nd night in or around King of Prussia. I am open to any and all suggestions. We also want to stay a couple nights near New Hope with lodging directly on the Delaware river.

Bloomington, IL
Level Contributor
102 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train from King of Prussia to Liberty Bell

Rather than posting a new question, I thought i would add onto this thread. My wife and I will be driving from Illinois through Philly the weekend before Thanksgiving. We would like to spend one day at Independence Park, and also see Valley Forge before driving onto NYC. Appears like lodging will be cheaper in King of Prussia. My question is this-is it worth it to mess with public transportation or will it be cheaper and easier in the long run to just drive downtown and pay to park for a Saturday.

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to: train from King of Prussia to Liberty Bell
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about King of Prussia