We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I go for my honeymoon?

rhode island
1 post
Save Topic
Should I go for my honeymoon?

My fiance and I are in the beginning stages of finding a honeymoon resort. Does anyone suggest one of the Caesar's Resorts? (Cove Haven, Paradise Stream or Pocono Palace?) Thanks so much- Tiffany

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
453 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I go for my honeymoon?

I've never been to the area, but I've heard not so good things about the Caesar's Resorts....mainly that they are outdated and the food isn't so good. Of course this is all second hand info, but I saw that no one had replied to your post, so thought I would chime in.

Try searching the review section of the site for more info.

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I go for my honeymoon?

Since you are in Rhode Island.. I would recommend maybe the Cliffside in Newport? I'm not too impressed with the Pocono area. We live abojut 1/2 hour from there, but have also lived in RI, and VT, and MA. Or maybe the Cape? Or a nice B&B in Vermont, Berkshires or Maine. You didn't mention what time of year your wedding will be. Happy planning!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I go for my honeymoon?

Tiffany- I have been to Caesars Cove Haven 1 year ago. And I am planning another trip there in November. The rooms are exactly as they appear in the brochure/online. Obviously the candles and rose petals are not there. But the rooms are clean and lovley. I took a room tour, and saw all of the rooms that the offer. I can give you any information you would like about Cove Haven. Please feel free to e-mail me tmg230@psu.edu.

Cleveland Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I go for my honeymoon?

My husband and I went to this resort for our honeymoon and it was ok. It is really over priced!!! The food was okay all of the meals are buffet style and you sit with other couples during meal times. However you can request to sit by yourself. We did not really do any of the activities because they were boring. The night entertainment was okay kind of "corny". For the price I would sugesst maybe a cruise or even Niagra Falls or something. The room we stayed in was Garden of Apple and it was pretty OK but the beds are not comfortable to sleep in. The only good thing I guess is the indoor pool that came in our room but other than that it was average. If the prices were cheaper I would reccomend. I cannot express enough how overpriced this resort is. Oh did I mention that it is more of an motel setting. Well I wish you guys good luck.

5. Re: Should I go for my honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 10:29
Get answers to your questions about Lakeville