We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strasburg - what activities and/or restaurants in the area?

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Strasburg - what activities and/or restaurants in the area?

I have been to almost every part of Lancaster but I dont remember going to Strasburg. We are staying at Fulton Steamboat and noticed Hershey Farm is right down the road. Is there anything else of interest in this area other than the Strasburg Railroad. I know there are outlets across the way. I have 3 kids.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strasburg - what activities and/or restaurants in the area?

There is the Toy Train Museum (as it sounds, toy trains), Pennsylvania Tran Museum (real, fullsize trains), Choo Choo Barn which is a large layout of running toy trains that is designed to resemble the area. It includes landmarks like Dutch Wonderland. I think this is adorable... especially for the kids. There are also various shops along main street. The Creamery is a great stop for ice cream on a nice, warm evening. And, also, Sight and Sound theatre is beside Hershey Farms.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strasburg - what activities and/or restaurants in the area?

Breakfast: Jennie's Diner, 2575 Lincoln Hwy E.,

You have to experience it once. Cheap, great food, huge portions. The pancakes are actually larger than a dinner plate! It's a fun old fashion diner. Open 24/7, 365 days (not even a 1/4 mile from the Fulton)

Dinner: Hershey Farms or Revere Tavern or Netherlands Inn and Spa

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strasburg - what activities and/or restaurants in the area?

Strasburg is very close to the commercial epicenter of Route 30E, just a few miles south from your motel.

Just the town itself is a gem, one of the oldest boroughs in the county. Main Street has many authentically restored homes from the 18th & 19th century, and the square has a very historic look to it. Antique & craft shops abound, and the old-fashioned ice cream parlor on the square is a perfect place to take a break.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strasburg - what activities and/or restaurants in the area?

thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will definitely have to check out Jennies, I love pancakes!!!!

Phila
Level Contributor
109 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strasburg - what activities and/or restaurants in the area?

As an adult - I loved the Choo Choo Barn!

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strasburg - what activities and/or restaurants in the area?

Ginger, if you need something for the kids to do, there are two putt-putt golf courses nearby (Rt. 340 behind the Bird-In-Hand restaurant and right across the street from the Steamboat next to the WaWa). There's a bowling alley in Strasburg on Rt. 896 just down from the center of the village and a movie theatre next to Dutch Wonderland. For future reference: There is the Cherry Crest Farm right down the street from the railroad station. Corn Maze and other attractions. It opens in July.

Steve

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strasburg - what activities and/or restaurants in the area?

scw thanks for the info on the golf. Is it possible that we would be able to cross the road from the Fulton to go to the golf without driving. Also is the WaWa within walking distance also? My teenage daughter is always looking to get snacks and that would be perfect for her to walk to.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strasburg - what activities and/or restaurants in the area?

It is possible to walk to miniature golf, but crossing the street, even at the corner is pretty dangerous, so much caution is required. The movie theatre next to Dutch Wonderland is closed. WaWa makes great subs (don't miss their own sweet peppers on the side) Stuff is expensive there, like most convenience stores.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Strasburg - what activities and/or restaurants in the area?

Osobear, thanks very much for the information

10. Re: Strasburg - what activities and/or restaurants in the area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster