We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best hotel in lancaster

NY, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What is the best hotel in lancaster

looking to stay in lancaster with the kids and go to dutch wonderland. Looking for something awesome.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best hotel in lancaster

The Country Inn & Suites across the street from Dutch Wonderland would be a good place for you to stay. I don't know if I would consider it to be the best hotel in Lancaster but it is a nice hotel in a convenient location. The hotel is very clean, has spacious rooms, and offers a free breakfast buffet each morning. It also has an indoor pool and hot tub. Hope this helps.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best hotel in lancaster

I hope by awesome that you are not expecting 4 or 5 star NYC hotel. Because if you are, boy are you going to be disappointed. That is not to say we do not have some great hotels here. But we don't have 5 star.

The Eden is very popular especially if you get a residential suite. 2 bedrooms, LR, DR, kitchen. Indoor and outdoor pool. Decent restaurants. Right on Route 30 which is the major highway that runs through Lancaster County. Depending on traffic - 10 minutes to Dutch Wonderland.

As per the poster above, my sister & family stayed at Country Inn & Suites when they visited. It was nice but I personally would not have picked it over the Eden but they wanted to be close to Dutch Wonderland.

Willow Valley Resort is also very nice. Great pool for the younger kids.

( I am assuming your kids are on the younger side due to your pick of Dutch Wonderland. Just in case you don't know. This is really not the park for older kids. Once they hit 8 - 10 they find it boring or more aptly babyish.)

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,767 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best hotel in lancaster

I second the recommendation for Willow Valley. Their pool area is almost like a mini water park! Also noteable is their restaurant, which has a good smorgasboard. When you reserve, you can look into getting a bed and breakfast package, which includes the breakfast buffet. The kids eat free depending on their ages. It's about 15-20 minutes from Dutch Wonderland.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best hotel in lancaster

If you want truly awesome, stay at the Hotel Hershey, about 35 minutes away. This is pure class, unlike any hotel in Lancaster. If you really need to be near Dutch Wonderland, and will settle for better than average, I agree with Eden or Willow Valley.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best hotel in lancaster

I totally agree with the above posters...Willow Valley or the Eden. I had my wedding at the Eden and my guests were all pleased with their rooms and facilities.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best hotel in lancaster

I agree too. The reason why I didn't recommend them earlier was because I thought that this person was looking for the best hotel closest to Dutch Wonderland. The new suites at the Eden Resort are very nice and I have heard lots of good things about them. Willow Valley is also quite nice for families with children. It's a shame that the Lancaster Host has really gone downhill over the past couple of years. It used to be one of the best hotels in Lancaster but that's not the case anymore, although I am sure that it is more satisfactory than the Days Inn on Keller Avenue (Lancaster's worst hotel and recently voted the 8th dirtiest hotel in America by TA). The Eden Resort, which is operated by Best Western, and the Willow Valley Resort would be your best bets. I am sorry that I misread the post-I must not have been awake yet!

queens ny
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best hotel in lancaster

hello, i will life to stay WV but wanted to know how far is it to dorney park?

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best hotel in lancaster

I would choose for being close to Dutch wonderland, either willow valley, but is a little further .For a real Lancaster feel The Hershey farm.

The Eden is nice, again I stayed there in a suite and the highway noise is terrible. I feel it is over rated > I would pick the Best western Revere over them.

It looks nice, but, you must be selective in picking a room read the reviews. I really did not enjoy my stay there.I would go and it is not too far to:

The Amish view Inn and suites plain and fancy farm.

I think the Fulton steam boat inn is nice . You are not going to find 4 star accomodations , but real nice ones for the area.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best hotel in lancaster

Try the Lancaster Arts Hotel. Only about a year old, it is probably the nicest hotel we have. I haven't stayed there, so can't speak of amenities, but have toured the rooms and they are absolutely beautiful. Very large, modern and well, artsy. On the edge of Lancaster city, near the F&M campus, in a warehouse district that is in the process of being revived. About 10-15 minutes to DW. Pricey tho.

www.lancasterartshotel.com

Wexford, PA
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best hotel in lancaster

What is the Netherlands Inn and Spa like? We were thinking about staying there.