We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I make reservations for Father's Day dinner?

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Should I make reservations for Father's Day dinner?

We arrive Sunday afternoon and just got to thinking that places may be packed because of Father's Day. Any recommendations for restaurants that are nice yet family-friendly? Travelling with 3 & 1 year olds so nothing really upscale as their attention span at dinner is likely about an hour max without being disruptive. We are staying at Eden Resort. The menu at Arthurs looks nice and that's certainly convenient. Any other Suggestions?

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I make reservations for Father's Day dinner?

Take a look at www.800PaDutch.com's dining links. Lots of stores and restaurants will be closed on Sunday (It's a day of rest for the Amish). In another Lancaster forum post there is info that the inside pool at the Eden is closed for maintainence. Don't forget to stop at the Visitors Bureau (It's off of Rt 30 just before the Eden) and pick up maps and discount coupons. Most of the places I can recommend for dinner will be closed on Sunday. Maybe some other forum members can give you more restaurant choices.

Steve

New York
Level Contributor
344 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I make reservations for Father's Day dinner?

There is an Outback Steak restaurant across from the Eden. They usually are opened on Sundays and have call ahead seating. Go to the Outback website and get the phone number and see if you can put your name on a list if you want to go there. Garfields is also located in the Eden. Food is okay, nothing fancy but it may be worth it to be in the Hotel especially after driving in the car.

We will be going to the Eden, again, next month. Can you find out when the indoor pool will be up and running and post it on this site.

Thanks!!

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I make reservations for Father's Day dinner?

The indoor pool at the Eden was up and running as of this past weekend.

Wherever you decide to eat, absolutely make reservations. As posted before, a lot of places in Lancaster are closed on Sundays, so the ones that are open are usually busy. They will be even more so on a holiday. And either way, it doesn't hurt. Also, ask about their menu when you make your reservation. Some places (esp in the city) do a special menu for holidays that is different and more expensive than the regular menu. If it comes down to Garfield's or Arthur's, go with Arthur's. Though both are just so-so, Arthur's is slightly better than Garfield's. I really can't think of anything off the top of my head that is both nice and family friendly other than the chains. That's probably because I don't have kids though. Someone who has kids could probably help you more on that end.

Good luck and have fun! :)

4. Re: Should I make reservations for Father's Day dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 11:25