We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking at the train station?

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
parking at the train station?

We are planning a trip to Lancaster in September and would like to take a train into NY city for a couple of days (we do not want to drive into NY). Is there parking at the Lancaster Amtrack station? If not, any suggestions for alternatives? Thank you!

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking at the train station?

There is a parking lot at the train station.

PA dutch country
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking at the train station?

Should not be a problem. My son has used the train to NYC and always found parking.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking at the train station?

Thank you both for your respnses...do you know if there is a parking fee? We will be leaving our car there for about 3 days. Thanks again.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parking at the train station?

There is a fee...it's been awhile since I've parked in the lot tho, so can't remember how much. I think a few dollars a day. And you have to put the money in an envelope (provided) and put it in a slot, there's rarely an attendant.

The last time I took the train (to Harrisburg) there were no spots in the lot. This has never happened before, so don't panic. However, just so you know, there are places in the neighborhood around the station where you can park. Just read the signs CAREFULLY as some of these areas are permit parking. Also, check the street cleaning signs. If you get caught in a street cleaning, it's simply a $20 ticket. If you get in a permit area, it's several tickets a day and they will tow or put a boot on the car (tho not for several days). Just read the signs or ask a local for help and you'll be fine. This is just a precaution tho, there will probably be room in the lot.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parking at the train station?

Thanks, you've been very helpful!