We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Herstein Farm

maryland
2 posts
Save Topic
Herstein Farm

I'm visting Lancaster in August. Has anyone heard of or stayed at Herstein Farm Vacation Home? What are your reviews on it. Also I have two kids ages 2 and 4 we are going to Dutch Wonderland but does anyone have any other suggestions of what to do with the kids?

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
Dutch Wonderland
Dutch Wonderland
2,051 Reviews
Lancaster, PA
PA dutch country
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Herstein Farm

Not familiar with Herstein Farm. Depending where you stay, I woud go to Hands on House or Strasburg Railroad. I think the ages of your children are great for Dutch Wonderland. If I can ask, What you looking for in lodging? Maybe then I could make a few suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Hands-on House
Hands-on House
149 Reviews
Lancaster, PA
Dutch Wonderland
Dutch Wonderland
2,051 Reviews
Lancaster, PA
maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Herstein Farm

It will be me, my husband, the two kids, and my mother in law for 3 nights so we are looking for a house or cottage so that we have a couple of bedrooms and a kitchen.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Herstein Farm

I had never heard of Herstein Farms so I googled it. It looks really nice if that is what you are looking for but sorry can't give first hand info. Lancaster County is a big tourist place are you sure they even have the cottage still available in August?

Hands on House

Dutch Wonderland

Oregon Dairy

Abe's Buggy Rides

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster County
Lancaster County
Pennsylvania
Dutch Wonderland
Dutch Wonderland
2,051 Reviews
Lancaster, PA
Abe's Buggy Rides
Abe's Buggy Rides
249 Reviews
Bird in Hand, PA
scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Herstein Farm

Strasburg has plenty of things for the kids to do..... ride the steam engine at the railroad, visit the miniture working train display at the Choo Choo Barn, Thomas the Tank Engine store, the PA RR Museum, Cherry-Crest Farm & Corn Maize, Red Caboose dining car, eat ice cream at the General Store and the Toy Train Museum. Just up Rt 896 is the Amish House and Farm tour. I don't think the kids will sit still enough for the house tour, but they may be able to just tour the farm (does anybody know if that's possible???). Hershey Park is nearby. The kids are too young for most of the rides, but they might like taking the Chocolate World tour & visiting Zoo America. Herr's Potato Chip and Pretzel factory tour in Nottingham is fun for all ages. There's a horse drawn carrige ride in Intercourse at Kitchen Kettle Village, plus the kids can decorate their own gingerbread men at the Jam and Jelly store, with dad's help, while the lady's shop. A co-worker of mine just got back from a stay at Eby Farm B&B. He said they got everybody up at 5:30 to help milk cows. I think I'd rather sleep in.

Mentioned in this post
Choo Choo Barn
Choo Choo Barn
392 Reviews
Strasburg, PA
Hershey
Hershey
Pennsylvania
Hershey's Chocolate World
Hershey's Chocolate World
6,581 Reviews
Hershey, PA
Kitchen Kettle Village
Kitchen Kettle Village
1,830 Reviews
Intercourse, PA
CT
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Herstein Farm

I am planning a trip to Herstein Farm Vacation Home in June. I was wondering if you ended up staying there? If you did, could you tell me how the accomodations were and if it was worth it. I have 2 kids as well ages 7 and 3 and I was kind of worried when I saw they had a 2 centuries old bed?

If you stayed there, can you tell me about your experience?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Herstein Farm

I have not been to Herstein but I have been to other family farms (can't remember names). I (and my at the time 7 yo daughter) enjoyed it. But it was very simple - just a bedroom in the family's house.

We enjoyed walking around and also seeing the animals. Great for "city folk" like us!

7. Re: Herstein Farm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 06:19