We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lancaster with the kids--which hotel, which activities

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
lancaster with the kids--which hotel, which activities

we're planning our 2nd trip to Lancaster, PA (last one a few yrs ago). Last time we stayed at the country inn/suites which was great in terms of location near DW and also that it was a suite hotel. Unfortunately, it's booked up for the end of Aug. We need two queen size beds+crib b/c we have 4 kids 11,6,3, and 6mo. last time we went to DW, Hershey and the Maize Maze, we visited the Amish House. Any suggestions for similar hotel to Cntry Inn/Suites pref with indoor pool? Any suggestions about what else to take the kids to?

Brooklyn, New York
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: lancaster with the kids--which hotel, which activities

Hi. I booked at Willow Valley for the last week of August. The site is www.willowvalley.com.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lancaster with the kids--which hotel, which activities

Willow Valley's great, but so is the Best Western Eden Resort and the Eden's much closer to DW and the Lincoln Highway attractions. They have lots of options for rooms, from standard rooms to small villas with two bedrooms, living room and kitchen. Also an indoor pool. The Eden is on Rt. 30 and it's a straight shot to DW...under ten minutes. Willow Valley is in Willow Street and it takes about 20-30 mins to get to DW. If you book at the Eden, ask for a room away from the highway if you're sensitive to noise...it's not bad, I can sleep thru it, but some people are more sensitive to it than others.

Be sure to take your kids to the Strasburg Railroad while you're here...they'll love it.

Mentioned in this post
Willow Street
Willow Street
Lancaster County, PA
NY
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lancaster with the kids--which hotel, which activities

Try the best western revere inn .... very close to dw, and much nicer than country inn and suites, with an indoor and outdoor pool, and great breakfast included for the kids and yourself. Very clean, very modern, you won't find one bad thing written on reviews on this place.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lancaster with the kids--which hotel, which activities

I agree with mittmott that the Revere is great. Just stayed there this past week with my husband and 2 1/2 year old twin sons. We stayed in a family suite but they have 2 BR suites too with kitchenettes i believe. There are indoor and outdoor pools and the breakfast was great for my kids. Cereal, bagels, waffles. I'll definitely stay there again when we return to Lancaster next summer.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lancaster with the kids--which hotel, which activities

I have been to 3 places and all have been great. I can recommend Willow Valley, Bird In Hand and Fulton Steamboat. They all have their advantages. WV is the most expensive and Fulton Steamboat the least expensive

Mentioned in this post
Bird in Hand
Bird in Hand
Lancaster County, PA
Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
419 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lancaster with the kids--which hotel, which activities

Willow Valley is very nice. I suggest asking for a room overlooking the atrium. We once watched a wedding reception going on there!

The pools are very nice there!

It is a little off the main beat but near enough everything.

Enjoy!

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lancaster with the kids--which hotel, which activities

I would go to the Bird in Hand Family Inn. It is in the center of most tourist attractions, and is a great place. It has 2 indoor pools, a hot tub and one outdoor. It has plenty of recreational activities which are fun for the whole family.

8. Re: lancaster with the kids--which hotel, which activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 14:20
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster