We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Tanger Outlets?

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant near Tanger Outlets?

Hello-

My girl friends and I are going to the Tanger outlets tomorrow. Any suggestions on where to eat for lunch? We're looking for a restaurant other than Applebee's, Denny's, etc.

Thanks!

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Tanger Outlets?

My wife's choice would be the Kling House in Intercourse. Take route 30 east and turn left just before the Target store. Take this road to route 340 and turn right. Follow to the town of Intercourse. Kling House is located in the Kitchen Kettle complex (on the left).

See www.kitchenkettle.com, click on dining link, and Kling House.

You can view their menu. Food is always good and there is a nice ambiance without being pricey and stuffy. Another choice would be in the aforementioned Target complex. While Panera Bread Company is a chain, they have wonderful lunch choices. Panera Bread is 5 minutes from Tanger; Kling House is 10-15 minutes.

A third choice would be a local chain, Isaac's deli. Follow route 30 west to the Greenfield exit. Turn right coming off of the exit, and the restaurant is in a small shopping center on the right. They are known for delicious soups, sandwiches, and healthy salads.

View menu at isaacsdeli.com. Isaac's is ten minutes from

Tanger. Want to stay closer? Lapp's is on route 30 just east of the Tanger outlets. Good place for lunch, as well, although not quite as special as Kling House.

NY
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Tanger Outlets?

I agree with Journeyguy... I do twice a year shopping trips with the girls... We always go to the kling house, or lapps...I think the food is more like a diner with down home cooking at lapps, but the kling house is adorable. The food is nice there... Depends on what you want to spend. Kling house will hit you for 20 or more each for lunch if you do lunch and dessert. Lapps won't cost nearly as much. Lapps will be faster also if you are anxious to get back to shopping... You will need a reservation for the kling house, and you will spend much more time in there. Enjoy.

PA dutch country
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Tanger Outlets?

Good suggestions from Jouney Guy! Hey, Have FUN!

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Tanger Outlets?

I would try Tony Wang's Chinese Restaurant. It is directly across the street from the outlets. It is also excellent food, and the restaurant has been voted the best Chinese restaurant in Lancaster for the past 15 years or so. Great choice!

hershey pa
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Tanger Outlets?

If you are willing to eat at a chain restaurant, Cracker Barrel is right up the street by the Rockvale Outlets. It has a nice atmosphere and good food. I find it much better than any diner's! If it's cold out, the fireplace feels and sounds good!

6. Re: Restaurant near Tanger Outlets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 09:26