We are planning a "stop over" trip to the Lancaster/Hershey area of PA on our way to visit dh family in Ithaca. We will getting into the PA area probably around 5pm on Dec. 26. We will be staying 2 nights and can leave anytime on the 28th (only 4 hours to NY and we don't need to be there at any special time). Family of 5 (3 kids - 19, 18 &12).
So far I have found 3 hotels to choose from:
1) Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Lancaster - 1 BR suite for $119/nt
2)Kitchen Kettle Village - The Grand View Suite for $139/nt or
3)Best Western Revere Inn & Suites - 2 rooms in main bld for $72/nt/ea
So far we plan on visiting (as time allows):
1) Hershey (factory and park - lights at night maybe)
2) Koziar's Christmas Village
3) Strasburg Rail Road and Museum (ride the train)
4) Kitchen Kettle Village
5) Amish farm tour (still looking for best one)
So, my question for the experts. Given the hotel choices so far and the activities what would be your order of preference. Which hotel stands out (the prices are so close that wouldn't be an issue), atmosphere and comfort are top. Which activities are must do's and if you know of others that are better.
Thanks for any help.