We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go with family in tow

brooklyn
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to go with family in tow

Dear Gang,

My cousin would like to take her children to Lancaster at the beginning of August.

Can the members of this forum recommend places to stay, go, and eat with kids who are 3 and 5?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--BrooklynWildkat

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go with family in tow

Take the kids to Dutch Wonderland Amusement Park, Strasburg Railroad, PA RR Museum, Choo Choo Barn (Thomas the Tank Engine store and HO gauge miniture railroad), Hands-On House, Cherry Crest Farm (maize maze), Horse & Buggy Ride, Kitchen Kettle (shopping) Village to decorate a gingerbread cookie man. Stay at Willow Valley Resort, Best Westerns' Revere Inn or Eden Resort. Places to eat would depend on the children's behavior. My kids are older, so we don't have (usually) any problems with the choices of restaurants. Most forum members would recommend Dienners, we like Harvest Drive (buffet) in the town of Intercourse. Check out www.800padutch.com or www.padutchcountry.com

Steve

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go with family in tow

I can recommend 3 places to stay in order of my preference. I have 3 kids and they love all of these places. Willow Valley which has the indoor waterpark and lots of pools, Bird in Hand Family Inn, and Fulton Steamboat. They are all very family oriented. I wont go into a long descriptive thing here but if you look at other posts of mine i do go into detail. If you want to IM me i can give more info.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go with family in tow

If you are into a nice pool scene for the kids go with either Willow Valley or Bird in Hand Family Inn. They both have many nice big pools to swim and plenty of room to move about.

pa
Level Contributor
154 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go with family in tow

Hole in the Wall puppet theatre. Also, Chuckee Cheese on Fruitville Pk to eat and plaY!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go with family in tow

WILLOW VALLEY RESORT!!! We have been staying there for years and my children love it.

Indoor water park, kiddie pool, two large pools, one outdoor pool and two hot tubs.

Ducks are at the pond there is a playground and you can take a horse and wagon to the farm next door or walk over to see animals.

They have children's activities - some are free, some are $1-$5.

You can get the breakfast and dinner buffet with the room - adults pay, children under 12 are free.

It is not far from Strasburg railroad and Cherry Crest Farms.

Cherry Crest Farms - check out their website. You can spend almost a whole day and never go in the corn maze. Children have large tricycles to ride, petting zoo, hold baby chicks and watch them hatch, farm tour, etc.

Willow Valley's website is true to what it looks like. They recently renovated and the rooms are beautiful. Even if you get in a room not renovated they are beautiful.

We have stayed there about three or four times a year for short weekends.

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
334 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go with family in tow

You've gotten excellent advice. There's also Miller's Restaurant, Smorgasbord on Rte 30 with a great bakery. You can read my review of the Texas Roadhouse, if it's for you, they don't mind noisy kids making a mess (of course yours wouldn't)You're very well covered. Happy travels.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go with family in tow

I second the Texas Roadhouse. My girls loved this place. They have a bucket of peanuts at the table and also a great sweet bread with some sort of cinnaman butter. The chicken critters and the blooming onion w/sauce are very good.

8. Re: Where to go with family in tow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 00:20