We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas shows: Which one would you go to?

So. Glens Falls, NY
1 post
Save Topic
Christmas shows: Which one would you go to?

If anyone has been to both the Living Waters' "Voices of Christmas" and the American Music Theatre's "Christmas Show", which one would you choose? Which one did you like better and why? Thanks.

Manassas, Virginia
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas shows: Which one would you go to?

Sorry I can't help on either show, BUT I have seen The Miracle of Christmas at the Millenium Theater. That was a great show and it is returning on Nov. 21st. I just checked the web site.

www.sight-sound.com

If you like the Christmas story then it's a good show to see. See what others have to say, I just thought you'd like to hear about another show. What ever ypu choose, enjoy.

Oh yes, you heard it from me first! Have A Merry & Blessed Christmas!

God Bless,

popc.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
191 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas shows: Which one would you go to?

I can only comment about the American Music Theatre. Their Christmas Show is terrific, very entertaining. We saw it last season with our 2 grown children ages at the time 24 yrs (girl) and 21 yrs (son)and both enjoyed the show almost as much as my husband & I.

The theatre is great with plenty of room in between the rows of seats. Long legs fit fine. The parking is easy in and easy out.

The talent of the performers is equal to any broadway show. If you chose the American Music Theatre you will see a wonderful Christmas Show. We will be attending the show on Dec. 21st.

I am sure that the other shows are just as good. There is also the Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre in Lancaster area. I am not sure what they have at the Holidays, but that is a nice place and the buffet food is good.

Have fun.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,989 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas shows: Which one would you go to?

I will add support for the American Music Theatre. We saw the Christmas show for the first time last year and will be returning this year. We plan to make this a holiday tradition. I have seen the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, and AMT surpasses that show, imo. The theater is very comfortable as others have said, and the show is a wonderful variety of music, dance, and comedy. It's the kind of show that lasts 2.5 hours but feels like it lasts 2.5 minutes. You hate for it to end.

I have not seen any of the shows at the Living Waters, but I would imagine that Sight and Sound shows (mentioned by a previous poster) would surpass Living Waters shows in quality.

Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas shows: Which one would you go to?

You should definitely try to see the Christmas Show at the American Music Theatre. It is outstanding.

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas shows: Which one would you go to?

The AMT Christmas Show was great. We've seen it in 2006 and 2007. A little long, but great. I paid for my wife, kids and M-I-L to go and watch both the Noah's Ark and Christmas shows at the Sight and Sound Theatre. They really loved both. We also went to the Living Waters Christmas show in 2006. It's a multi-screened, still-picture show with a few live actors depicting family life around Christmas time. I know Christmas is all about God, but to priase His name and thank Him in every sentence was a little too much for me.

Lambertville, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas shows: Which one would you go to?

It depends what type of show you are looking for as these shows are like night and day.....Have been going to the AMT Christmas shows for about 6 yrs. and they have always been very entertaining...a great variety show which I believe surpasses the show at Radio City Music theater in NYC...Living Waters is more of a religious type show. so it really depends which is your liking....

New Holland, PA
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas shows: Which one would you go to?

American Music Theatre's Christmas Show would be my favorite of the two. This year we're going to the Rainbow Dinner Theatre, Rt 30, just east of Lancaster. This year's show is "Deck the Halls and Clean the Kitchen". I've liked all the shows I've seen there so far! It's Buffet dinner and a Comedy show all rolled into one! www.rainbowdinnertheatre.com

Have a Wonderful Christmas, whatever you choose!

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas shows: Which one would you go to?

I haven't seen either of these shows, however, I am partial to Living Waters / Sight & Sound productions, so I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

--Jessica

Manassas, Virginia
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas shows: Which one would you go to?

mmmagic, Let me guess, your favorite movie is "Sleepless in Seattle"?

popc.

10. Re: Christmas shows: Which one would you go to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 01:16