We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet Haven Motel

New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet Haven Motel

I have just decided to come for Thanksgiving for 2 days, and of course my usual BIH Family Inn is all booked, so I thought I might try this place. The owner seemed real nice on the phone. Any comments? I was thinking about Harvest Drive, but some of the reviews are a little scary! Any suggestions for T-Day dinner??

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet Haven Motel

Reviews for the Quiet Haven Motel can be found under Ronks, PA. It is a nice, family owned and operated motel. I think that you will enjoy staying there.

Manassas, Virginia
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet Haven Motel

bepc10, Our daughter has stayed at The Quiet Haven many times. I believe it is Mennonite owned, therefore not the usual things you find at the name brand hotels.BUT,my daughter has said many times, it is very quiet and relaxing and that you can hear the horse and buggys clopping down the road at night. As far as the Harvest Drive, we have stayed there. The rooms were ok but we were not crazy about the food. I could find better at my local diner here in Sussex. The one thing we did like was the view of the farms from the dinning room. But that you can see anywhere out there. Sorry I can't suggest for Thanksgiving. Perhapes someelse may be able to help with that.

Another nice motel is The Orchard Inn on South Harvest Road right off of Rt.340. Nice quiet place also. Kaufmann's Food Market is at the end of Harvest Road. Very convenient. I hope this has been some help to you. What part on Jersey are you in?

God Bless,popc.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet Haven Motel

Hi POPC- I am from south jersey near LBI. I see you are from sussex area - my aunt owned a home there years ago and we visited in the area lots of times! I loved it!! I think Quiet Haven will be great, I was not really looking for the usual hotel atmosphere, a few nights in the country will be nice. I was looking into Orchard View also which seems very nice, but this place seems a little more "homey". I had called Harvest Drive, and the person on the phone had such a thick accent - not PA Dutch, I could hardly understand him. No offense, buy not exactly the Amish experience my family is used to. We go at least 6 times a year and always stay og BIH inn, which is great, buy I was looking for something a little different! I can't wait!!

NY
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet Haven Motel

Hi, I'll also be there on Thanksgiving, I'm staying in my favorite place the revere inn and suites. I know a few locals have posted about some decent places to eat, downtown lancaster, but we opted for (we are a large group) to keep price down and go for one of the buffets. We are going to Millers. They are open. I know the Hershey Farm Restaurant is also open, as is the restaurant inside the best western eden inn. I believe they also do a buffet. Hope that helps a little, have a nice stay.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet Haven Motel

Hi I also made a reservation at Millers, to be on the safe side! I will be arriving late, so the last seating I could get was 7:45p - I hope there is still some turkey and shoe fly pie left by then!!!

NY
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet Haven Motel

Have a safe trip and a Happy Thanksgiving.

7. Re: Quiet Haven Motel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 14:23
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster
Recent Conversations