We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This weekend

Level Contributor
377 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
This weekend

Staying in Intercourse for the weekend. Have never been here during Dec. Aside from Kitchen Kettle Village and xmas shows is anything special going on in this area or near by that we should know about. We will be eating at Dienner's my favorite place. Any other place comparable?

Thanks,

NYChubby

PA, USA
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This weekend

I can't think of anything at the moment, though I am SURE there is plenty scheduled! You might want to check out the links I posted in another thread for community calendar events:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g52970-i325-k23713…

lancaster pa
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This weekend

If you are bringing any kids with you, Thomas is in town at the Strasburg RR. Also, Dutch Wonderland is open for Winter Wonderland, and it's only like $10 to get in. I love strolling through downtown Lancaster this time of the year, have you ever been downtown? It is beautifully decorated and there are lots of shops to browse and places to eat (have lunch at Character's Pub, you won't regret it!). Central Market is open on Saturdays at 6 am and there is a great model train display set up at the Citizens Bank across the square from market.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This weekend

If you make it downtown, there's a lot going on. It's First Friday - if you have any interest in art, this is a great monthly event. All the galleries and shops stay open late and many have artist's receptions and free wine/cheese/snacks.

In addition to the model train display and holiday decorations, Santa is in Binn's Park all weekend. There's holiday karaoke on Friday night and horse drawn carriage rides all weekend, both in the square - where the mayor just lit the tree last weekend. And strolling musical entertainment throughout the downtown area Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

www.lancastercityevents.com/holidays.html

Also check this link for more to do in the city (mostly non-holiday related):

http://www.cityoflancasterpa.com/lancastercity/cwp/browse.asp?a=675&bc=0&c=42767&lancastercityNav=|

Have fun!

Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This weekend

Like ocfunky said, Dutch Wonderland might be something you'd enjoy. The park is really decorated nicely and the light show they have is neat! We went for the 1st time last weekend and enjoyed it.

Also, depending how far you want to travel, Hershey is also having their Christmas Event and it is a really nice event! The park looks beautiful with all of the lights and decorations. Its fun to go walk around, ride some rides, and of course, enjoy some chocolate. There is a combo ticket for both Dutch Wonderland and Hershey for $13.00, quite the deal! Hershey is about 35 or so minutes from Lancaster.

Level Contributor
377 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This weekend

Thankyou very much to all that responded. Downtown Lancaster sounds good. Leaving in a few hrs. Can't wait! One of my favorite places in the world.

Happy Holidays!

NY Chubby

6. Re: This weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster