We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in Lancaster other than Horseback riding???

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
716 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Activities in Lancaster other than Horseback riding???

My husband will be taking Horseback riding lessons this year and I found a ranch called "The Flying M" near Lancaster (about 10 minutes away), (we are from Philly) so we will be staying at the Best Western Eden. If he likes this place, we will be spending quite a bit of time in Lancaster until at least the summer, so I am looking for other things to do as well.

Best Western Eden looks like a nice place, and we got a nice pkg deal for one night in February that includes breakfast and dinner.

If we continue returning to the Farm for his lessons, and we like the hotel, I plan to book weekend stays now in advance instead of waiting until the last minute.

Any suggestions on other things to do, when we are not at the ranch???

Thanks

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities in Lancaster other than Horseback riding???

I'm sure you will like the BW Eden, it's a beautiful property. You will probablyfind yourself spending some free time there enjoying the restaurants & facilities.

There are all kinds of things to do in Lancaster county...perhaps you could list a few of the types of things that would be of interest to you.

Over the Rainbow
Level Contributor
401 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities in Lancaster other than Horseback riding???

You'll want to be sure to check out our visitors' bureau website: www.padutchcountry.com That will give you tons of ideas. We have everything - shopping, crafts, museums, a ball park, farmers' markets, beautiful parks, great restaurants, the Amish and even hot air balloon rides! Consider staying at a Bed & Breakfast at least once - it's the best way to learn about the area.

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities in Lancaster other than Horseback riding???

You can also check out www.800PaDutch.com. We have stayed at the BW Eden 4 times. The have great new family rooms and very nice apartment-style suites. A few other ideas on what to do are: horse & buggy ride, pretzel making, putt-putt golf, eat at Amish deli's with delicious foods, tour the PA RR Museum and ride the Historic Strasburg Railroad.

Steve

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
716 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities in Lancaster other than Horseback riding???

Thanks everyone for your suggestions,

I will be checking out the lancaster website to get some general ideas. Shopping is definitely on the list, but I would like to visit some of the farms, and museums etc.

PA
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities in Lancaster other than Horseback riding???

A few suggestions.

Visit downtown Lititz for a afternoon.

Visit Hershey

Take a day trip to Gettysburg

john

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Activities in Lancaster other than Horseback riding???

On the first Friday of every month all the galleries are open late in Lancaster and the downtown area is really alive! People come out to look at art, listen to music, walk around in the beautiful city! Plus, there are SO many great restaurants to choose from. We take our toddler down almost every month and she just LOVES it! Lots of people. So much great stuff to see. It's a great time to visit!

7. Re: Activities in Lancaster other than Horseback riding???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 08:19