We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are camping in Gettysburg - how far to Amish areas?

Traveler from...
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
We are camping in Gettysburg - how far to Amish areas?

Is it doable for a day trip or two?

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are camping in Gettysburg - how far to Amish areas?

Depending on traffic (Rt 30 is a major truck road), I'd say travel time is about 1:30 to 1:45. Lancaster County is quite large. What areas are you interested in visiting? Museums, outlets, Amish Farm Tours, shopping, restaurants, etc. Saturday will be the busiest tourist days. If it's at all possible, try traveling during the weekday. Strasburg, Intercourse and Bird-in-Hand are the most popular villages. Take a look at www.800PaDutch.com for info and ideas. If this was my first trip to Lancaster, I'd want to spend more than one day.

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster County
Lancaster County
Pennsylvania
Strasburg
Strasburg
Lancaster County, PA
Intercourse
Intercourse
Lancaster County, PA
Bird in Hand
Bird in Hand
Lancaster County, PA
2. Re: We are camping in Gettysburg - how far to Amish areas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster