We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation Help - June

Vilamar,Portugal
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation Help - June

Cheers Everyone,

We loved our trip to this area last September and will be returning the week-end of June 12 for another Thomas outing, Dutch Wonderland adn Amish Country side activities.

We stayed at Eden Resort last time and really liked our stay there and so did our little one.

For some reason though I just looked up there rates and for the same room we stayed in it is almost double of what we paid.

The web seems to show Revere Inn booked which was my second choice.

I am not sure if Bird In Hand Inn would be comporable; I see mixed reviews.

For the price Eden is listing we mind as well stay at Willow Valley but I just did not want to spend 200 a night since we will be out and about all day long with our 3 yr old.

Any suggestions, recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation Help - June

Hi,

I would recommend Fulton Steamboat. The price are very very reasonable $100 give or take a few bucks. Rooms are newly renovated, nice playground area and grounds, nice little indoor pool, and my 3 kids love it there. It is great to be on a boat w/victorian theme and my kids are asking when we are going back.

Best of all you are near everything. We get the bunk bed suite and paid $89 with AAA. I have made reservations again for December since rates are so reasonable so we would be able to stay away longer. We usually stay at Willow Valley which is another place we all love but i agree, if you are spending $200 a night and will be out & about most of the day its not worth spending the money. If you did plan on just staying put & relaxing there then i would say to stay there. Bird in Hand is nice (they have two indoor pools & big hot tub plus an outdoor pool with a graduated entrance. The pool area is a big big plus. Also have mini golf & farm. The only downside of staying at BIH is rooms are getting older and i think in need of renovations.

If i had to pick a nice place for you to stay with your 3 year old Fulton Steamboat would be it. You cant beat the great price for such a great place & accommodations. Take a look at the reviews they are glowing.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation Help - June

Oh and Fulton is pretty near to railroad by a few miles. Revere seems nice but further down the road where there is congestion at times. Fulton is more centrally located right across from outlets, restaurants.

Vilamar,Portugal
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation Help - June

Thank you Ginger for your thoughtful suggestion.

It did sound like a nice option; of course, I just went to see their rates and there is no availablity for June 13. Can you belive our luck?

I certainly did not want to compromise the quality of our sty just for the price and it seems that all the good choices such as Revere Inn and Fulton Steamboat are all booked.

Any other great suggestions? Much appreciated.

Vilamar,Portugal
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation Help - June

oh no... Eden Resort is now also not available. It was yesterday; had I known I would have booked it to have as back-up.

Vilamar,Portugal
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation Help - June

Alright everyone, so how far is Willow Valley exactly from everything else? Dutch Wonderland, Strasburg.

NY
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation Help - June

Hi, I sent you a message, but I was curious, and I just went on Best Western.com and checked the revere inn. They have rooms available for the entire weekend. Are you looking only for Sat. night. That might be why things are coming up filled. Sometimes in the summer months , places like you to stay for at least 2 nights, so when you put in the 13th only, it comes up, no availability. Good luck.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation Help - June

Hi,

i think WV is about 10 minutes. You wont be disappointed in WV and it has a little waterpark for the 3 year old in addition to the two pools, indoor hot tub and outdoor pool. If your only option is to stay there and spend the extra it really isnt too far to drive to DW. You can always enjoy the facilities when you come back from DW and you can use them the next day and leave a bit later.

I would continue to keep calling daily to see if there are any cancellations. Some have a 24-48 hour policy so even if you dont find anything now you can try last minute and you are sure to come across something.

You can try Bird in Hand Family Inn, like i said the pool area is huge, they have a small petting farm, mini golf and restaurant & bakery on premises. Rooms are a bit old in need of renovation but the other advantages far outweigh the room situation.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation Help - June

Mittmot is right, sometimes online they arent always accurate. Call reservations directly. Also if there is a two night minimum it may come up as that.

Also i just checked the Fulton Steamboat online and they do have a deluxe king available, a bit more money and you may have to bring along a pack n play for the child to sleep in

Vilamar,Portugal
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodation Help - June

Wow, thank you both. You have just been so helpful and kind with your advice. I will certainly call them up and see what I can come up with.

Brecksville, Ohio
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomodation Help - June

Thomas the Tank Engine is appearing at the Strasburg Railroad starting on the 13th. That may be why you are finding availability issues as well as cost increases and possible multi-night stay requirements. The hotels get pretty crowded in our experience because a lot of people in the Eastern states travel there with their kids to meet Thomas.

Get answers to your questions about Lancaster