We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

england
3 posts
Save Topic
Thank you for your post aster123 i like to see the amish way of life and visit the town it looks so nice

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: post

Wonderful! So you're looking to visit the town and tour the Amish farms. I know there are lots of people who will post with their thoughts about the best time of year. The summer is usually the most crowded time, and can be very hot. May is quite nice, with generally good weather and springtime flowers. September and October are great as well.

My family enjoys visiting in December, because we go to the Dutch Wonderland evening light shows, and enjoy seeing things decorated for Christmas. But it does get cold! There is the risk of snow and ice making travel difficult in January and February.

So, to recap, I think that May, September, and October are really great times to visit, unless you are interested in more of a holiday flair.

2. Re: post

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2010, 06:18