We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel tomorrow - what do do???

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
453 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Travel tomorrow - what do do???

So...we're supposed to leave Rochester, NY Thursday morning and head down to Strasburg. We' ve been looking forward to this trip - really wanting to see Amish country in the snow and really, really want to check out our first ever mud sale. But the weather forecasts are so unclear that I have no idea what to do. They are calling for either the biggest storm ever or maybe just a couple of inches. We'll be traveling in a 4x4 SUV and are used to snow, ice, etc since we live in Rochester. However, I know that PA doesn't treat its roads like NY does. I know that you all can't tell me what to do anymore than the weatherman can at this point, but maybe you can provide some insight and thoughts about what you'd do if you were in my shoes. Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks everyone!

PA, USA
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel tomorrow - what do do???

if you have the flexibility to reschedule, i would definitely do that.

i don't think the snow will be the problem, but the fact that this will be a drawn-out weather event (snow + winds for 2-3 days) means it won't be much fun for you.

plus, many places will close if weather is inclement. roads will be fine, because we're along a stretch of roads critical to tractor-trailers/deliveries. but small businesses will closed and transit will be a hassle.

good luck!

2. Re: Travel tomorrow - what do do???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster