We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place to eat ?

southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Good place to eat ?

Hi again,

we will stay at the Revere Inn and are wondering, were we can find

a good place for dinner. Dienners is close but closes very early

exept on Friday. The restaurant at the Revere Inn gets mixed reviews - so it would be good if you could help with some options in the area. We do not like family style dinners as there is one

vegetarian in our group.

Thanks a lot.

Q.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place to eat ?

Jennies diner in Ronks (not far past Dienners) has very good diner type food. Not sure about their vegetarian options

If you go a little further Lemon Grass has good thai food..

Lancaster county cuisine tends to be a challenge for vegetarians

NY
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place to eat ?

Hi, I'm a vegetarian. Lapps has a black bean burger, and egg salad wraps, salad in a taco shell. My favorite place if I don't want fancy is Isaacs Deli in Strasburg. their pepperjack tomato soup is vegetarian, and they have about 4 or 5 sandwiches on the menu. There is also a Panera Bread in a small shopping center near the target. They always have vegetarian soups and sandwiches, but I would stick with Isaac's. The Oregon Family Restaurant also has a buffet or sit down menu. They always have a vegetarian option, and I think their potato soup is also vegetarian. For lunch The kling house also does a veg. sandwich, and there is a wonderful tea house called Sugar Plums and Tea that has veg. fare also, but I believe they are also only lunch. There is a very nice Mexican Restaurant called El Serrano about 15 minutes from the tourist area. Gibralter Haydn Zugs are much more upscale and they had a veg. entree for me also. The Iron Horse (grill or something) in Strasburg is another place with veg. items on the menu, and their food was pretty decent. Good luck by the way , Jenny's diner doesn't have anything except breakfast for us veggies.

Edited: 11 March 2010, 20:51
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place to eat ?

Sorry to hear about the lack of vegetarian options at Jennies.

I would second Isaacs, which we love, although its more of a lunch menu.

The drawback of their Strasburg location is that because of the railroad and the Choo Choo Barn there are usually a large number of loud small children. However if Quitllover is coming in the early spring this may not be a problem.

Lapps is only average in my opinion , although I've never tried their vegetarian options..

El serrano is definately a good option as are the Lancaster restaurants if you want to travel that far.

Oregon Dairy(even further than Lancaster) is a cut above most otherPa dutch places although generally very busy on weekends(with locals not tourists)

NY
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place to eat ?

Oregon Dairy really only takes about 10-15 minutes or so in the evening. 30 to oregon pike....

southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good place to eat ?

Hi and thanks to everybody.

Mittmott, good have another vegetarian at my side :). As I have seen on other posts, you come to the Revere Inn often. Can you comment on the

food at their restaurant? There are mixed reviews here on this forum.

Thanks a lot.,

Q.

NY
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good place to eat ?

My husband likes their tavern. It's basically a steak and chop house. He orders meat. They do have a pasta dish on the menu, but it's just okay.

southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good place to eat ?

Thanks, so nothing to rave..

Q.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good place to eat ?

Quiltlover -

I saw you are traveling with a 21 y.o. son. Why staying so far out of the city? He will be bored, and all the good restaurants, cool shops and nightlife are in Lancaster city.

NY
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good place to eat ?

Hi Fourskis, that depends, we come from NY. My son 26 loves and always has, staying in the tourist area. We have NYC nearby, and he works there, so being among the farms to him is great.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good place to eat ?

How far are you willing to drive? I can tell you about at least 10 great places that have vegetarian options in the city if you're willing to go that far. Is there a price range? Also - strict vegetarian, eat fish, or vegan?