We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with 2 young kids?

Islip, NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with 2 young kids?

Hello everyone. We stayed in Lancaster last year at the Fulton Steamboat Inn. No complaints. Kids are 4 & 7. We think we'll go again this year, and am wondering if we should stay at a new place? Any suggestions? A pool is needed, and a restaurant on site. Any decently priced places that are your favorites?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
1,990 Reviews
Lancaster, PA
NY
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with 2 young kids?

I love the Best Western Revere INN. it has 2 pools indoor and out, and a very generous free breakfast. The rooms in the main building are large and very clean. There is a restaurant on the premises , but probably not what you are looking for with young children. It is the Revere Tavern, which is really a steak house.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with 2 young kids?

For the price thats a hard one. My kids love that place between the lake, playground, atmosphere, & pool you cant go wrong. Love to get the bunk bed rooms! We also stay at Willow Valley (now Doubletree) but its probably twice the price, also nice with kids especially around the holidays where they have even more activities for them. I would recommend Bird in Hand Family Inn but feel they need to update their rooms other than that its a great place. Bird in Hand also has two indoor pools (heated) big hot tub and nice outdoor pool with graduated entrace right outside the indoor pools. If just having a clean room with no updates is ok with you thats a nice place during the summer (mini golf, petting zoo, restaurant & bakery farmers market on premises and it is away from the congestion a bit overlooking the amish farms.

Lake Jackson, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with 2 young kids?

We are at Willow Valley right now and it is our second year here. Great place with indoor pools and 2 story water slide. We have also stayed at Bird in Hand Family Inn in past and liked it, too. But we are in a jacuzzi suite at WV for only about $15. more than the price of Bird in Hand Inn so we chose to stay here this time. Both have good restaurants but Bird in Hand is slightly cheaper. Either is a good choice but I think Willow Valley is nicer.

4. Re: Hotel with 2 young kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster