We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell Me About Autumn in Lancaster...

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Tell Me About Autumn in Lancaster...

We decided officially on Columbus Day weekend for our trip to Lancaster this year. Anything special we should check out this time of year? What do you like best about Autumn in Lancaster? I'm hoping it will still be nice weather and the leaves in blazing color :)

Over the Rainbow
Level Contributor
401 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell Me About Autumn in Lancaster...

October here in Lancaster is beautiful. Lots of harvest festivals and other celebrations. The trees are just beginning to turn, unless we've had an early frost - difficult to predict. The weather should be beautiful. Start with a look at the Visitor's Bureau website. www.padutchcountry.com, it's packed full of helpful information. Also, remember that in order to get the full effect of a trip to Amish Country, you'll want to stay at a B&B - you can stay at a chain hotel anywhere! Check out the Trip Advisor reviews for the B&B's. Lots of good information there, too.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell Me About Autumn in Lancaster...

Please be aware that Columbus Day weekend is absolutely the busiest weekend of the year in Lancaster County. If you are coming I suggest you make your reservations as early as possible, and expect larger than usual crowds everywhere.

3. Re: Tell Me About Autumn in Lancaster...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 06:16