We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is a really good BUFFET rstrnt in Sight and Sound area?

NY
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
What is a really good BUFFET rstrnt in Sight and Sound area?

I heard lots of these places sit people TOGETHER!! Like long tables pass the potatoes kinda thing!! WHAT??!! lol

Im talking a Golden Corrall, etc kinda of "Buffet" reasonablle to moderate priced..But ofcourse with those Amish/Southern specialties and favs...Thanks for any opinions! :)

NY
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is a really good BUFFET rstrnt in Sight and Sound area?

Dienners.... Small but fresh and good, and reasonable. They are only open to 6 except friday nights, then it's 8. Long lines, but worth it. Closed on Sundays.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is a really good BUFFET rstrnt in Sight and Sound area?

Strongly agree about Dienners. Not the biggest, but the freshest. Cheaper than Golden Coral.

The two Family style places where you sit with strangers are Good and Plenty and Plain and Fancy. Neither is better than mediocre, in my opinion.

Oregon Dairy does a good breakfast and would not be too far out of your way driving from your hotel in Lititz.

NY
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is a really good BUFFET rstrnt in Sight and Sound area?

Hmmm..ok ty!! Yeah I will skip the GNP and PAF... we get free breakfast, so more less looking for lunch/dinner buffetts. I heard Shady Maple is amazing... yes no???

NY
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is a really good BUFFET rstrnt in Sight and Sound area?

Shady maple is huge...For quality, stick to Dienners...I have a personal grudge against Shady Maple, was treated very poorly there, so I'm biased... There food isn't bad in all honesty, I just would never step foot there again, even if there wasn't another place open... (lol)

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is a really good BUFFET rstrnt in Sight and Sound area?

Shady Maple is huge, and the quality is not bad, considering the size. More selection than Dienners but not as good.

We actually like Shady Maples breakfast, since they have pancake and egg stations where your pancake or omelets are made to your specifications while you wait- very fresh compared to items sitting on a buffet line- but you are apparently covered for breakfast.

Shady Maple is also about a 15 minute drive from the main tourist attactions.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
140 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is a really good BUFFET rstrnt in Sight and Sound area?

I have to concur with the other comments that Dienners is about the best. My family and I usually go there for dinner.

I can't personally comment on Shady Maple since I've never eaten there. However, I do know people who have and they seemed to pretty much like the food. Shady Maple is a much larger restaurant than Dienners - and does provide a wider selection of items to chose from.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
191 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is a really good BUFFET rstrnt in Sight and Sound area?

Shady Maple is the best, especially breakfast. Like above made to order omelet's and pancakes. Lunch & dinner are also good in my opinion.

8. Re: What is a really good BUFFET rstrnt in Sight and Sound area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster