We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are mud sales dog friendly?

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
are mud sales dog friendly?

Odd ball question, but I'm needing to know if mud sales are dog friendly. We won't be checking into the hotel until after the mud sale, and I would rather not be running back to the car every 30-45 minutes to check in / walk the dog.

Thanks! Can't wait to the first sale of 2012!

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are mud sales dog friendly?

I've been trying to remember if I 've seen dogs at the mudsales I have been to and I don't remember one way or yje other (WE ARE CAT PEOPLE SO IT MAY JUST BE IT DID NOT REGISTER)

My best guess would be that there would be no problem at the outdoor portion of the sale, but there might be differant rules for the quilt and craft auction, which is normally in the firehall. Also, of course, each fire company can set it's own rules.

You might try calling the contact number on the website of the fire company whose sale you are attending and asking.

Edited: 11 January 2012, 19:42
Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,369 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are mud sales dog friendly?

I don't know if some of the sales specifically ban pets, but it's really not a good idea, unless your pooch is small enough to be carried. If you plan on bidding, the areas near the auctioneers will be packed body-to-body; not much fun for your four-legged friend.

Also not a good idea to leave your dog in the car, since at most sales you will not be able to park nearby and may need to be shuttled. Maybe you could find a good place to leash him/her nearby?

PA, USA
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: are mud sales dog friendly?

there is a petshotel in town, it's small but very clean with great handlers:

stores.petsmart.com/result-details.php…

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are mud sales dog friendly?

Petsmart- you're kidding right? Petsmart has been alleged to deal with sick puppies and other animals in an effort to raise money through their "adoption business". While their hotel is not store we all think of, by no means would I support the chain.

I would rather leave my dog at:

Oscar's Pet Resort.

http://www.oscarspetresort.com/

PA, USA
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: are mud sales dog friendly?

No, not kidding. Just trying to be helpful and offer an alternative. I've never heard about alleged sick puppies at Petsmart, and I wouldn't refuse to shop there based on unsubstantiated internet gossip. The Lancaster store is clean and the adoption animals appear healthy and very well cared for.

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: are mud sales dog friendly?

The point of asking a question on a forum is because I can't find the answer online. I'm wasn't asking for options, or pet hotels. I was simply asking if the mudd sale was dog friendly. Any thing other is completely off topic and is hijacking a thread.

NY
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: are mud sales dog friendly?

By the way, even though it's hijacking this thread, petsmart doesn't have puppies or cats for adoption.. any animals up for adoption are through local rescue groups. Petsmart and Petco give them the cage space to do this...

PA, USA
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: are mud sales dog friendly?

"I'm wasn't asking for options, or pet hotels. I was simply asking if the mudd sale was dog friendly. Any thing other is completely off topic and is hijacking a thread."

huh. you mean, kind of like when someone asks about public transportation, and you provide an unsolicited plug for a favorite bakery? well, thanks for the friendly tip, much appreciated.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,369 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: are mud sales dog friendly?

The answer to your question is "NO." Pets are not welcomed and no designated "dog-sitting" areas are offered.

Most people who have been to a public auction recognize it's not an enjoyable environment for a dog. A mud sale often adds large crowds and very sloppy conditions to the mix.

I'm sure those that offered alternative suggestions meant well; we had no way of knowing they would not be welcome. But pretty much anything would be better than yours.

Kensington, MD
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: are mud sales dog friendly?

I checked the website for the largest mud sale, in Gordonville, PA for the 2012 sale. The flyer on the website says "No Pets."

Click to see the sale bill:

http://www.gordonvillefc.com/sale.html