We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market worth going to yet or should we wait for harvest?

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
553 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Market worth going to yet or should we wait for harvest?

So we were thinking about going the first week of July.. would the market have anything yet or is it too early in the season to get all of the great stuff that would show up later in summer?

Worth making the 3 hour trip out there or should we wait?

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Market worth going to yet or should we wait for harvest?

Which market? Central Market? Roots Market? Either way, it's been a great year for produce already, and there will definitely be sweet corn and tomatoes by the first week of July! I am a member of a local CSA (community supported agriculture) that provides me with in season produce. I've already started to get zucchini, beets, swiss chard, potatoes, onions and garlic. There won't be any lack of great food in early July.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Market worth going to yet or should we wait for harvest?

There should be a good selection of produce, including sweet corn. Everything is early this year. Also, of course, the butchers. bakers, candy stands ertc have the same goods year round.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,369 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Market worth going to yet or should we wait for harvest?

Sweet corn is just coming in now, about a week or two early.

4. Re: Market worth going to yet or should we wait for harvest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 06:15